“Top 5 Star Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Largo, Florida
“Top 5 Star Hotel”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I will join the chorus here. The St Regis is the finest Hotel in San Francisco. The Service provided by the staff is outstanding.
I had a Metropolitan Suite which provided enough room to host a family visit. The suite has a dining room table for four. Whatever time of day I contacted the Butler Service I received immediate attention to my request. Room Service is expensive, but the orders were filled accurately and the food was delicious. The hotel is very attractive and features a modern design which carries over from the public areas to the rooms. The well designed baths are also notable. You will enjoy your stay at the St. Regis; I guarantee itl.

Room Tip: If tou want space get a Metropilitan Suite.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We are planning our wedding in San Francisco and we chose the St. Regis for our reception location because we fell in love with the modern event space. Although I had visited the hotel before, my first experience as a guest was in February 2011. My flight was delayed and I arrived at the hotel past midnight - check-in was fast and seamless and when I entered my room there was a welcome note from the Director of Catering as well as a snack of cheese and crackers and sparkling water waiting for me. A great personal touch!

The room was spacious for a city hotel and the bed was very comfortable! The bathroom was well-appointed with Remede bath products and I loved the touchscreen assistant for the lights and blackout shades. Room service was pricy as expected but it was nice to be able to order a late night cookie snack with no issues. Butler service was also very efficient and it was nice that bottled water was always left on the bedside table with turndown service.

I also toured the spa and fitness facilities which both seemed clean and modern. The lobby bar is great for having a drink with friends and has a lively (but not overcrowded) atmosphere at night. I decided at the last minute to extend my stay for an additional night and the front desk had no problem accommodating my request.

Overall it was a great experience and I'm looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
StRegisSanFran, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Dear valued guest,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us. Thank you for your public feedback. It is a great honor to be a part of this most important day - your wedding day. We value the special relationship that we build with our wedding couples and we are certainly looking forward to making your wedding everything that you have imagined.

Best wishes,
Nicole
Guest Relations
Mountain View, California
Reviewed March 27, 2011

An amazing place fully equipped to make your stay the most quiet one.
All is set in a way that you feel independent if you want to (no over service or constant inquiry about your satisfaction), but personnel remains immediately available when you just start thinking you need them.
From that perspective, a great place to stay for business purposes and if you already know quite well SanFran.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank GVendryes
StRegisSanFran, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis San Francisco, responded to this review, April 2, 2011
Thank you for your remarks. We pride ourselves on our intuitive service and it is good to hear that it does not go unnoticed. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us often.
Roseville, California
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The St. Regis in San Francisco is a top notch hotel. From the moment you step out of your car, you will be greeted with friendly service. The staff was very helpful throughout our entire stay. From the moment you walk in the door, you'll realize this is a luxurious establishment. Everything throughout the hotel is steeped in architecture, style, and quality building finishes.

Our room was generously size for a hotel in downtown San Francisco. Everything in the room was electronically synchronized. For those who shy away from modern day technology, this may be a learning curve. The wife and I found it very useful and seamless. The rest of the room and bathroom were beautifully done with a great soak tub and rain water shower.

All in all, our experience was very good. I would caution those who are on a lighter budget as the typical room price is indicative of the extras available in the hotel. If you are traveling to San Francisco for the experience, you won't go wrong with the St. Regis.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I spent 3 weeks there in August last year. The hotel is nice, however, they charged me for Wifi even though as a Starwood Platinum Member it is supposed to be free. I did not pick it up on my bill and they never reimbursed me despite emailing them and even visiting personally.Not even a response. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR BILL before leaving! I now prefer staying at the Westing on Market Street. Better prices and same location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank retinadoc52
We truly regret that this error occurred and that it was not adjusted when brought to our attention. It is important for us to make corrections in a timely and efficient manner. Please accept my apology and allow me to personally assist. Please contact me, the Hotel Manager at SFHotelManager@stregis.com with your information.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I do travel a lot and this is the best hotel I had experienced for a long time! Service was incredible and staff was very helpfull.
I wojld go back anytime!

• Stayed March 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I recently stayed at The St Regis in February 2011 & had a really good experience! I checked in early, & my room was ready & upgraded as well, which was very nice & kind- thanks guys! Alita at the Front Desk was very nice, warm & incredibly quick with both my check-in & check out which was really nice- she was a great first welcome to the hotel. My room (1412) was very spacious, had a great view over the city, an amazing bathroom with a great tub & one of the best rainwater shower heads I've ever had in a hotel- truly amazing!! :) the water pours out of the shower & it's so relaxing:) The bed was nice & comfy, room Service food was awesome (& I ordered lunch, breakfast & dinner--all awesome. The club sandwich & french toast were pretty amazing!!) I also liked the small entry way into my room, the sleek, modern feel of the hotel, the airy, clean lobby & the great location- you can walk everywhere within the area, including Union Sq, the Ferry building, etc. Everyone at the hotel, from Mariah at the Concierge desk (she was very kind & gave great directions), to the door staff, front desk, room service, etc. were great!! However, I do agree with some reviews on Trip Advisor regarding the condition of the room furniture---I did notice some wear & knicks/scratches on the desk & bedside table- nothing major, just something for the hotel & Engineering to note. I'm back in SF this week & will be staying again, as I thoroughly enjoyed my last stay:) Thanks again for an awesome stay- I Love this hotel!

Best,
Patrick W.
NYC

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Dear Patrick,
Thank you very much for your kind and generous feedback. We are very proud of the staff and will share your positive comments with them. Please accept my apologies for the condition of some of your guest room furniture. We have an ongoing maintenance program to address these issues and will now take it up a notch to get to all of our rooms in a more efficient manner. Your room has been moved to the top of the list!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the St. Regis San Francisco.