“Good for the price”

and 1 more site!
Economy Inn
Ranked #176 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We often stay in the Chestnut Street area and have tried many(5) of the small motels. The family that runs the Knights Inn are especially nice and helpful. The AC works, so that the window can be closed at night as Knights Inn is on a busy street. This makes the room quieter than most. Also, the situation of the Inn on the street means that there are fewer hangers about. The décor is OK as are the bathroom and towels, perhaps a little better than others in the area and same price range. Location is excellent, within walking distance to restaurants and shops. There is plenty of free parking and our room had a fridge and microwave. Out of the inexpensive places in the area in which we have stayed, this is the one to which I would return.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main section rather than over the carports.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank traveljeannie1

Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Knights Inn is clean, not expensive and well located. Among the pros : free parking, bath, kitchen....

It was a very good surprise and the owner was also really nice. He gave us useful insights on the city, buses.... I'll come back for sure and would recommend it to everyone

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Waldo J
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I recently found myself in a very bad hotel experience in this area. I called ahead at another motel because I would not be checking in until late. When arrived no one was there to open the door. We found ourselves at Knights Inn and luckily the owner opened the door for us despite having no reservation with him and finding us a room in the middle of the night. He gave us a discounted rate and brought us to our room.

The room was a nice size, two beds, a small bathroom and a microwave and a mini fridge. We were very happy with our night. We decided to stay at another motel the next night, but I was very pleased with how we were treated by the owner at Knights Inn. It was definitely a budget motel but the room was clean and kept up.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have stayed here twice. Once with my boyfriend and once with my family. Both times have gone with out any problems. The guy in the front was very nice the first time, it was easy to check in, free parking, free wifi and a good view of the bridge. Its nothing fancy but its clean and has all you need. Second time i went the guy actually remembered me and was super nice and helpful. Love this place, again nothing fancy but i really like it because its everything you need for a great price. I plan to stay here again next month :)

Room Tip: park on the slots facing the street its a lot easier
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The location was great. It is next to the bus, close to chestnut street, Free parking, free Wifi.
Difficult to fix water temperature while using the shower.
Price affordable, but take your personal towel with you, there are very dirty towel they seems like yellow/black and smell old. I'm disappointed only for this.
but everything was good.
I will come back there, but with my own towel. :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The location is great, great view of San Francisco from the balcony, the receptionist was so nice and friendly and welcoming, because of the staff and the location we will definitely be staying there every time we go to the city

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We chose this motel because of the affordable price and 6.0+ average review on various booking engines (other motels had lower reviews).
I would recommend this motel for people, who spend the entire day outside sightseeing and exploring the city, since the motel itself is very basic and does not offer much comfort.
The main advantages of this motel are free parking, surprisingly fast wifi and location.
The list of downsides is unfortunately longer: dirty rooms (need renovation asap), old sheets (they do not change them during your stay), uncomfortable beds, but by most we had been disappointed over the bad lock on the door, which every rookie robber could crack. We left all our stuff in our car, while visiting the city.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple