“Fun way to see the sights”

GoCar GPS Guided Tours
$69.00*
San Francisco Explorer Pass
Ranked #53 of 290 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: GoCar, the World’s First Storytelling CarFold up the map – put away the guidebook – and prepare for a city adventure you won’t soon forget! These clever yellow talking convertibles navigate for you, point out the sights, and tell you about the city’s culture and history. But that’s not all – your GoCar mobile tour guide has a personality and a human voice – it cracks jokes, recommends the good restaurants, and tells you the stories that bring the city to life. It’s like having a “local” give you a private guided tour.GoCar gives clear driving directions using GPS satellite technology. Just follow the friendly audio directions and relax!
Georgetown, Texas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fun way to see the sights”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was in San Fran over 4th of July weekend with friends and decided to take the Go Cars tour for the second time. I did it with a friend several years ago and we had a blast so was looking for another great experience and we did indeed enjoy the time. Check in was a little bit of a hassle because one of the employees seemed new and the other one didn't really want to help but we got it done. We rented the older style car but if I had it to do over (and I will next time I get a chance!) I will rent a newer car. We didn't have any trouble with our car but the newer ones are a little quiter and smoother running. We did a 3 hour rent but could have easily done 4-5 hours. They are GPS navigated and point out interesting info as you drive along. You can get off the path without problems and check out other sites if you desire. You can stop and wander around or just keep driving. Look for coupons prior to renting as there are usually some good deals out there. I would advise renting at the Beach St location which is just a block away from Fisherman's Wharf. This way you are near the GG Bridge and Park and you get a really good view/tour of that area. It was really fun and I highly recommend it!!

Granbury, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“becareful and check your bill before you pay!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We took the 3 hour GPS tour. We had no problem following the tour but it had a lot of advertising for business that it passed. I was a little worried about the car going up hills but we had no problems since we upgraded to the bigger car. Driving around in that small car was like being a celebrity, people pointed and took our picture a lot. This was a lot of fun and we saw a lot of the city that we would not have otherwise since we did not have a regular car. The problem we had was when we returned the car they charged us for 20 mins. over our allotted time which we did not use. The manager was not working that day and left someone in charge that could not refund our money so we had to return the next day for a refund. We had a great time driving the car but make sure you check your bill for mistakes before paying.

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“GREAT TOUR OF SAN FRANCISCO with Go Car Tours”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Do not waste your money on bus or van tours of San Francisco as we did. Go Car Tours is the way to go. If you are planning a trip to San Francisco go with www.gocartours.com. Use the Beach St. location less traffic while you get use to driving the car. To save money get an Entertainment Book to save about $50. You get the 2nd hour free. We had the car for 3 hours and we could of had it all day. The GPS tells you where to go and gives you information on what you are pass. Turn the volume up. Use your turn signals all the time and don't forget to turn them off, they don't work like a car.You will go down the street with your turn signal on Make sure you have a map, because we got off the GPS trail in the Golden Gate Park. No big deal. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. If you can drive a car you can drive a Go Car. Be warned there is no reverse, that was the wife's job to back us up. HA HA. For $20 get the insurance on the car. Must use a credit card to rent the car. The car has a motorcycle handlebar to steer, no big problem if you have every driven a 4 wheeler or motorcycle. Great with another couple as we did. Cost us about $110 to rent for 3 hours.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dave K
Minneapolis, Minnesota
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Fun ride, horrific service”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I called to rent a car and should have known then that the service would be horrific. She sounded like I was bothering her by calling. She couldn't answer any of my questions and was pretty "bored". We get there and nobody speaks English. Like nobody. I don't usually mind this except when it may cost me a lot of money. For instance, she was trying to tell me about the insurance but she has no idea what she was saying. Then you watch this video which is helpful because nobody working there could answer any questions. Oh, and they nickel and dime you. Once we were driving we had a great time. The cars were beat up. Ours worked just fine though. A couple that dropped theirs off after me had a car that had no GPS which would have been a huge problem for me. Then we dropped off at the other station (union square) and again, a complete cluster$&@&. The guy handed the key back to my kid (10 years old) and he ended up taking it with him accidentally. We found it later and returned it. In the mean time, they charged me $150 for it even though it was the workers fault. I handed it to him and when he had to do something else, he hands it to my kid and the charges us. We won't ever do this again because of the service. That part ruined it for me.

1 Thank jenann1112
Canterbury, New Zealand
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Practise driving on the wrong side of the road”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great chance to self explore when our legs were tired. Great practise driving on the other side of the road. went to areas we woudl not have gone on foot or car and learnt alot about the history of the area. Could take our time and realy explore. If we had more to spend we would have had it for more than an hour. Helpful staff and we saw Oracle sailing from the shore

Visited June 2013