“Fun ride, horrific service”

GoCar GPS Guided Tours
$69.00*
San Francisco Explorer Pass
Ranked #48 of 290 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: GoCar, the World’s First Storytelling CarFold up the map – put away the guidebook – and prepare for a city adventure you won’t soon forget! These clever yellow talking convertibles navigate for you, point out the sights, and tell you about the city’s culture and history. But that’s not all – your GoCar mobile tour guide has a personality and a human voice – it cracks jokes, recommends the good restaurants, and tells you the stories that bring the city to life. It’s like having a “local” give you a private guided tour.GoCar gives clear driving directions using GPS satellite technology. Just follow the friendly audio directions and relax!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Fun ride, horrific service”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I called to rent a car and should have known then that the service would be horrific. She sounded like I was bothering her by calling. She couldn't answer any of my questions and was pretty "bored". We get there and nobody speaks English. Like nobody. I don't usually mind this except when it may cost me a lot of money. For instance, she was trying to tell me about the insurance but she has no idea what she was saying. Then you watch this video which is helpful because nobody working there could answer any questions. Oh, and they nickel and dime you. Once we were driving we had a great time. The cars were beat up. Ours worked just fine though. A couple that dropped theirs off after me had a car that had no GPS which would have been a huge problem for me. Then we dropped off at the other station (union square) and again, a complete cluster$&@&. The guy handed the key back to my kid (10 years old) and he ended up taking it with him accidentally. We found it later and returned it. In the mean time, they charged me $150 for it even though it was the workers fault. I handed it to him and when he had to do something else, he hands it to my kid and the charges us. We won't ever do this again because of the service. That part ruined it for me.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jenann1112

Canterbury, New Zealand
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Practise driving on the wrong side of the road”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great chance to self explore when our legs were tired. Great practise driving on the other side of the road. went to areas we woudl not have gone on foot or car and learnt alot about the history of the area. Could take our time and realy explore. If we had more to spend we would have had it for more than an hour. Helpful staff and we saw Oracle sailing from the shore

Visited June 2013
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Way to see San Francisco”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had the best time. The car was so fun and easy to follow. People kept taking our picture.
It was a beautiful day out and customer service both at Union Square and Fisherman's wharf where so nice and helpful. I would advise anyone who isn't familiar with SF to use GoCars.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ilyssa S
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Fabulous idea!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Walked by this place and decided to rent a go cart. All i have to say is we smiled and laughed the whole time! Its a lot of fun. Rode passed segways and made them jealous :)

Long Island, NY
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“A total blast!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we got there they had none of the smaller ones available, so we got upgraded to the one's with the larger motor, which I would recommend. Anyway, we had the car for the whole day. With the built in GPS navigator, it tells you when to turn and gives you a tour at the same time. Along the way it gives you options of what things you might want to see, for instance it might say,"if you want to see Haight-Ashbury turn left, to continue on the parks tour keep going straight.". You can get out walk around get back in and the GPS starts navigating again. We mostly did the parks tour, got views of the Golden Gate and culminated the tour by going down Lombard Street. In our opinion a great way to see San Francisco.

Visited June 2013