“So fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
San Francisco GoCar Tour
Ranked #42 of 285 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: GoCar, the World’s First Storytelling CarFold up the map – put away the guidebook – and prepare for a city adventure you won’t soon forget! These clever yellow talking convertibles navigate for you, point out the sights, and tell you about the city’s culture and history. But that’s not all – your GoCar mobile tour guide has a personality and a human voice – it cracks jokes, recommends the good restaurants, and tells you the stories that bring the city to life. It’s like having a “local” give you a private guided tour.GoCar gives clear driving directions using GPS satellite technology. Just follow the friendly audio directions and relax!
Edmonton
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“So fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I rented a go-car to do a GPS guided tour of the city. You wear a helmet and they run you through a safety and operating video before you go. It kind of runs like a motorcycle.
I'm sure the locals find it annoying as you are in this mini vehicle on the road with all the normal cars, but that kind of makes it more hilarious.
I feel like we really saw the city by doing this, that we would probably not have seen otherwise.
If you are thinking of doing this take the longest tour you can. We went all down the piers, all the way from the bay bridge to the golden gate bridge. We went on regular streets with houses, by a beach, down the hilly and windy roads, through the financial district, in some parks, chinatown etc.
I was a little scared of being on the road with the big cars and my husband was driving a little fast for my liking but it all ended up being such a cool and amazing thing to do.
Once in a lifetime experience - especially if you don't have tons of time in the city this was a great way to see so much.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank calyj

Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Really Novel Way to SightSee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

We chose the 2 h tour of Wharf, Presidio, Golden Gate Park, Ocean Beach, Painted Ladies, Haigt Ashbury and felt like it was enough time to see it all. The cars are easy to drive and the gps gave excellent directions on exactly where to turn and the history of what you are looking at. It was a fun way to tour and sure beats a tour bus. Traffic was very light and the cars go out of their way to stay away from you. Just make sure you dress warmly and wear gloves as it gets windy when the open car is at full speed.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“LOVED GOCAR!! Would absolutely do it again in another city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I were considering the Segwey tours when we stumbled upon GOCAR. Such a great experience! We really loved the fact that we were on our own, not in a group. It was a wonderful way to see the city and you can stay out for as long as you want. The GPS guided tour is amazing and is so much fun. Be prepared to wave to everyone as you go by...all the tourists loved seeing us driving around. It was really a blast. I highly recommend!

Copenhagen, Denmark
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Done it before - Now my friends are hooked!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Tried it the first time in the summer 2008, now the time has come where i had to share this brilliant experience with a couple of friends.

4 people shared two cars, and i can't tell you how much fun we had, it's a out of the body experience.

My friends are hooked, and still thanks me for letting them know about this brilliant way to see the city. What a laugh!

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“SO MUCH FUN!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I were only in San Francisco for 24hr so we wanted to do something that was quick but encompassing! GoCar was the best thing we had ever seen! There were several routes to follow which were guided by GPS navigation and fun facts along the way! You could go "off track" and explore on your own using the provided map (off track detours were not GPS navigated nor did they provide any fun facts about the surrounding areas though). We loved that you could pull over almost anywhere, get out, and snap a few pictures...we really didn't bother with finding parking as long as we weren't staying long or straying too far from the vehicle! The routes online give estimated time to allot, however, we were able to do all of the routes in about 3.5 hours (early saturday morning with no traffic!!). We got out at several different places so if you are tight on time you could skip exploring by foot! David at the Hyde Street GoCars was very friendly and helpful!! We were so glad we did this and would definitely do it in other cities that offer it!