“Terrific dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Cross street: Green Street
Transit: The Hyde Street cable car stops right out front at Green Street.
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Just returned from a wonderful dinner. Pork chop was amazing, wellington perfectly cooked and salmon very tasty. Thoroughly enjoyed the wine. Service was excellent. Party of 5 including a 16, 9 and 7 year old... Younger ones were satisfied with a plain pasta entree. Would not recommend this place for kiddos who have trouble sitting through a meal. Wish we lived closer--- we would be regulars!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We went to Luella with some friends who are locals because its their favorite "date night" place. I am so glad we went!

Luella like many SF restaurants allows you to bring your own bottles of wine (up to two) for a corkage fee which isn't too bad ( I think $15) so that was a perk of the meal.

The food here is beyond delicious. Below is a run down and description of what we had, all were amazing.

APPETIZERS
Ahi Tuna Tacos- Super tasty, the shell is like a potato chip and while at other places this can be a soggy dish, this was not. Perfect balance of acid salt and crispiness
Duck Con Fit Imperial Rolls-anytime you put duck con fit in something its going taste good and this was same. The sweet and sour sauce is home made with a nice acidic bite.
Polenta Fries-if you do not get these, you are missing out on a thing of beauty. The crispy outside and creamy goodness on the inside is one of the best bites I've had. They serve it with a marinara type sauce which goes perfectly.
Barata-I thought this was tasty enough to be a savory desert. The cheese was at that perfect level of chewiness and the addition of honey & nuts just made it the perfect bite.

MAIN COURSE
Coke a Cola Braised Short Rib-An off the menu order that is beyond filling and will leave you pleased. Its served over a white bean puree and the meat is super tender.
Short Rib Lasagna- I don't know if I could ever order anything on the menu besides this item because it was that amazing.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We went to Luella during Dine About Town and just loved the food and warm & attentive service. The Chef was walking around and speaking to guests. We had the duck confit rolls (extra), a romaine, radicchio and watercress with gorgonzola and walnuts in a red wine vinaigrette, potato-leek & almond soup w/ truffle oil, and Coca-Cola braised pork shoulder w/white bean puree & pickled red onions. For dessert, we had the chocolate panna cotta and a lovely & light banana cream pie. We did the wine pairing for an additional $17. The food was just delicious! The proportions were extremely generous for both food and wine. I would definitely return and wholeheartedly recommend Luella. I wish it was my neighborhood gem!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I took my wife and two children to have dinner. The Beef Welington was out of this world! The brussel sprouts were delicious; Even my 11 year old ate them. We highly recommend this restaurant. All of our dishes were excellent. Make sure you have reservations made. It gets very busy.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Nice neighborhood restaurant. The Beef Wellington was outstanding. Not at all the traditional preparation but it was delicious. I still remember it two months later.

2  Thank Trave11erB0st0n