“Great food, and wonderful breakfasts too!”
Review of Bocadillos

Bocadillos
Ranked #1,375 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Neighborhood: Financial District
Neighborhood: Financial District
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stumbled onto this place several years back, and return every time I get back to the City. The food is imaginative and delicious! I love eating breakfast here. Their home made salsas are the bomb!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We went to Bocadillos for breakfast one morning as it was within walking distance of our hotel. The place is small and is first come, first served but we were lucky and got the last table. Our server was great. I had the spanish tortilla which is similar to a quiche which came with potatoes, and my husband had the chorizo and scrambled eggs. I also ordered hot tea and the waiter came with all the teas for me to choose from. Our orders came with homemade bread and jam and butter. Overall, it was very good. We tried to go back on July 4, but they were closed!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Working in the financial district, it is challenging to find new and exciting restaurants to try. This restaurant was recommended as good food, fun and fast. I was not disappointed. I tried the two small sandwiches with a salad...the lamb burger (yummy!) and the turkey with brie and cranberry sauce. Although small they are very satisfying. Although advertised as a Spanish restaurant, it has a very sleek modern look. Small kiosk tables line the wall to the left with a large table down the middle. You can also sit at one of the two bars. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

What a marvelous find! We're vacationing in SF, and the owner of the place where we're staying included Bocadillos on their list of favorite restaurants. We met a friend who lived here--a foodie--and the three of us went together; we all agreed this was was a wonderful place. Our server was totally knowledgeable about the menu (which apparently changes on a regular basis). Our favorites were the prawns (huge), the mixed mushrooms, and the fried baby artichoke leaves. The desserts were also delicious. And, they have a very nice wine lit, both by the glass and bottle. They don't take reservations, so I'd suggest calling in advance to see if they're busy.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Four of us had dinner here. Service was excellent all throughout the meal. Our server gave us some suggestions from the menu that were spot-on. He also helped in terms of how much to order for the size of our group. That advice was also perfect. Here is what we ordered:
Prawns with lemon/garlic: A
Assorted Olives: A
Warm chocolate cake: A
Arm of gypsy cake: B+
Caramel flan: A++

I am no tapas expert, but I know good food when I taste it and this was a great meal with inventive dishes, fresh ingredients and distinguished flavors. We will be back.