“Not perfect, but consistently solid”
Review of La Nueva Perla

La Nueva Perla
Ranked #1,130 of 6,304 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

I come here often as part of a big group, often times for a coworker's birthday and it's nice since it's so close to our office and parking is usually available close by. The food here can be amazing or just slightly above the norm, and that's never a bad thing as I've never been disappointed by a burrito or tacos in South San Francisco so far. The margaritas we've ordered have been highly varying in mix to tequila ratio that never really seems to be 100% correct. Also the service can really be lacking at times.

What I will say is that the place is perfect for a larger group, big enough to host a lot of different people, and has a nice outdoor patio for those nicer South San Francisco days. Menu has a lot to choose from and there are always daily specials you can give a shot. This place isn't perfect but it'll do for a casual lunch or dinner if you're in the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

Was staying at a nearby Hilton and ordered food to go. Once back to my room, I realized that the flan I ordered and paid for was not in the bag. Bummer. Called the restaurant, but didn't feel like getting dressed again and going out in the fog. Food was OK, standard Mexican fare, not exciting.

Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

There were 13 of us for lunch after a funeral. There was one waitress and a cook. There was no other patrons in the restaurant. The server was inefficient, taking one order at a time and then leaving to bring it back. One end of the table didn't get chip's and salsa and the other end had finished theirs and their drinks. Then the other end of the table got everything at once. I ordered fajitas. They were hot. Not very flavorful to my taste. I'm not picky about Mexican food, but I will say this is probably the worst that I have eaten. Others in the group were very happy with what they ate. I left mine for my niece to take home after two bites. The chip's and salsa and margaritas were good. Maybe it was just the fajitas. Maybe it was an inexperienced server? I don't know. It could have been better.

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

We stayed near the airport as our flight was early morning. This restaurant is the real deal, we were greeted with fresh corn tortilla chips and fresh salsa, we ordered the sampler, the one in the picture, Carne asada, queso fresco and Campechana, everything was yummy. I would have loved to have more time to try more dishes, the atmosphere is cozy and there is good energy flowing.
The place was busy and we also saw people picking up orders.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 5, 2017

Good food and and service There is a seperate room from main dining area You go out one door and into another Kind if funky!!They seem to have joined two buildings!! We had a lady just serving our group! Off the "beaten track" and there is street parking close by