“Best hot fudge sundae”

The Original Ghirardelli Chocolate Manufactory
Ranked #7 of 145 Dessert in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Anacortes, Washington
“Best hot fudge sundae”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you're going to San Francisco please have this hot fudge sundae if you love chocolate! My husband shared it with me so I didn't feel too guilty about the calories, and it is really the best and well worth the indulgence. We sat at an outside table on a beautiful patio. Good service, too.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santa Clara
“Disapointed, Terrible, Overpriced Awful”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Took my daughter to have a desert for her birthday. We had many choices in SF to choose from and thought this was a safe bet. I mean how could you go wrong? Boy was I wrong. The dessert we ordered was very disappointing. We ordered the chocolate shake and lemon sorbet desert. Simply horrid we stopped after 3 bites. Never in my life did I have such an awful high priced desert. If you are thinking about desert, find another place. On the bright side, the candy Shoppe was nice and the location is good.

Chicago
“Soooo Good!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Would go back in a heartbeat! The best sundae i've ever had! I could dream about it forever! My husband and I shared one that had a cookie at the bottom. Soo yummy! We did have a bit of trouble finding it, but then again we didn't know what the building looked like. Once we figured out to go up the steps we were good! I asked the guy at the parlor if there was a chocolate tour and he said no. I wish I rephrased to say if there was a way to see the chocolate being made as I was told after we left there was a little window or so you can see it being processed. Unsure about that last part though! GO FOR THE ICE CREAM :) you won't regret it!

Houston, Texas
“Delicious Hot Cocoa!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

When you get to Ghiradelli square, the first thing you'll notice is the massive amount of people waiting in line out the door of their cafe. The logistics of their ordering and pick up system is terrible, but most people there agree that the wait is WORTH IT.

We had their Sea Salt Caramel Hot cocoa and it was simply delicious! On a cold, windy day after a long walk from Fisherman's Wharf this was a real treat. I highly recommend going here and getting a cocoa and some chocolates at the shop.

Sausalito, California
“Great for all ages”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Sundae, Sundae, Sundae. Quintessential SF experience, Get your Sundae to go and eat it down on the waters edge. YUM!