“Delicious!”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: between 7th & 8th Sts.
Transit: Three blocks south from Civic Center BART station and Muni Station. #19 Muni Bus stops at 7th and Folsom inbound and 8th and Folsom outbound. #12 Muni Bus stops at 7th and Folsom #27 Muni Bus stops at 7th and Harrison (one block south)
Description: Rocco's Cafe was founded in 1990 by Don Dial, in honor of his Grandfather Rocco who operated a restaurant in SF's Excelsior District for over 60 years. We are dedicated to our craft and have been serving high quality food for almost 30 years! Our menu offers traditional Italian / American dishes, and Don serves over 200 daily rotating specials. We've appeared on over 10 television shows like Diners Drive-ins & Dives and more! Check us out today and we promise you'll leave our restaurant full & with a smile on your face.
Bend, Oregon
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great food, very friendly staff, place was packed at 8 pm with people. The restaurant is very small, so you are sitting extremely close to neighboring tables, but the food made it very worthwhile. The pumpkin ravioli is incredible!

Visited December 2012

NorCal
“Scrumptious!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

What a little gem! We stayed at a hotel 4 blocks from here. It's not a great neighborhood so we were surprised at how upscale the food was. The Chicken Marsala was absolutely amazing! The grilled shrimp salad w/sundried tomatoes was also great. The shrimp were cooked to perfection. They have some nice chianti and a cute pop culture decor. The staff was very nice, helpful, and prompt, even though they were serving a large party of about 16 people right next to us. A must-try. Will hunt it down even if we stay far away next time in SF. We have 3 kids and they all got something they loved.

Toronto, Canada
“Eat here ... seriously!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I absolutely love this place. I saw it on an episode of DDD and made a point of going as soon as I arrived in SF. The staff is awesome, the atmosphere is welcoming and hip. But the best part is most definitely the food. I ordered the Rib-Eye Steak with fries. My mouth is watering just typing out the words. Delicious, delicious, delicious and the portions are more than generous.
Don't miss out on Rocco's! You won't regret it!

Saint Cloud, Florida
“Great food, good service & reasonable pricing”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had the roast beef and found it to be a delicious generous portion. Another member of our party had a chicken cacciatore special and found it to be spicy and very good. And yet another member tried the polenta which was featured on a 'Diners, drive ins and dives' show and raved about how good it was. Based upon her feedback I would highly recommend this dish.There is a good wine selection and the service was good. The menu pricing is quite reasonable and in line with other local establishments. I can easily say that I would go out of my to eat here again. Enjoy!

Norfolk, Virginia
“Oh man”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I saw this place on Food Network, and headed straight there while on break from my conference. It was a bit of a walk from Moscone Center, but the food was WORTH it! I had the homemade meatballs with linguini and it was definitely made from scratch. Since I went for lunch, the prices were a bit cheaper than dinner (I spent about $15) but it was enough food to fill me up all day. Got a slice of pecan pie to-go and that was a delicious treat in the afternoon.
Overall, great food, excellent service, spunky atmosphere, and a great VALUE in SF!