“Just like my Nona's- the best”

Stella Pastry and Cafe
Ranked #7 of 115 Bakeries in San Francisco
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have a soft spot for Stella's- my fiance proposed over cappuccino and cheesecake and its always the perfect spot to revisit.
Everything is made fresh in house- you can watch them make you coffee delights. The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable so just ask if you cant decide. This spot is a staple for us and we always come here for a sweet treat when we are in the neighborhood. Its the best!

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in this afternoon while walking in the North Beach area. Had coffee and pastry. I tried a slice of the house specialty sacripantina. It is a vanilla spongecake with a rum custard filling and topping. It was very light and delicious. My friend had some cookies . The kitchen was open so I could observe them baking tarts in back. A great little stop and they sell cookies on line too

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Grabbed some canolli's and eclairs for our after dinner treat. Thank goodness we were walking so we could justify all this yumminess!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Friendly cafe on Columbus Avenue in North Beach - fresh coffee and delicious baked goods. We loved it.

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I only ate dessert there, but it was SO good thir tiramisu was to kill for. Just perfect balance of everything. I would recommend getting out of your way to taste it. And it is priced reasonably, so that made me happier!