“Excellent service, great food, great prices”
Review of Kim Thanh

Kim Thanh
Ranked #917 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Excellent service, great food, great prices”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Get the fried quail...such a treat! We also loved the curries and anything in a clay pot is delicious

Visited June 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Great food”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

You don't go here for ambiance but the food is just great. We got the garlic noodles on others' recommendations. It was good, but not as good as the waiter's recommendation of lemongrass chicken--outstanding. We also had the honey walnut prawns since we know the kids will eat those. And a cod dish that was also wonderful. The poster who said average ordered wrong (food that's meant for tourists). Just ask the waiter what to order, he won't lead you astray. Fast service. Recommend.

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Second visit to SF and return patron”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Again had to have my seafood fix at Kim Thanh. We were there twice in a week like the last trip. Crabs were excellent, salt baked and delicious. Also tried the steamed whole prawns and they were awesome. Best fresh seafood in Union Square area. Unpretentious setting but really great food.

Visited May 2013
“Baked Salted Crab”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The place was clean and the service, while not friendly, was quick and efficient. Their menu is a la carte, so you have to order everything separate. The fried wontons were super light and crispy, the sweet and sour chicken was disgusting (my husbands dinner), but the baked, salted crab, holy crap what a party in my mouth!! I'm from Florida, I never order crab out of state (hello have you had our stone crab?), but I ordered this based on numerous recommendations. Tender, sweet, salty. I danced in my seat, I tickled the claws and....damn now I wanna fly back to Cali for some more....

• Visited April 2013
“Ok for a hungry tourist”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Clean and nice service, very average food, ordered combination chow fun, god but greasy. Deep fried frog not worth it, hit an soit soup below average. Chow mein average...

• Visited April 2013