“San Francisco Bay View with Golden Gate and Alcatraz”

Neptune’s Waterfront Grill & Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: The Embarcadero
Transit: Cable Car: Powell-Mason Line connects downtown via North Beach, Columbus Avenue & Fisherman’s Wharf District Powell-Hyde Line connects downtown SF via Hyde Street (Crookedest Street in the World); terminus at Beach Street Trolley: F Market & Wharves; PIER 39 station Cab: Taxi line drop/pick up at entrance to PIER
Description: Featuring authentic, classically prepared San Francisco cuisine with contemporary flair. Neptune's is the perfect place for an intimate dinner for two, an evening out with a group of family and friends, or business entertaining. With wall-to-wall windows and breathtaking panoramic views of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, the Marin Headlands, Sausalito and historic Alcatraz as your backdrop, Neptune's Waterfront Grill & Bar delivers both great food and the best bay views! Menu items range from flame grilled to pan seared quality meats and seafood to handmade California stone-baked flatbreads, fresh salads, warming soups and comforting sides -- something for everyone! Neptune's Waterfront Grill & Bar features a full bar/lounge. We're located upstairs at the scenic end of Pier 39! Come for the view, stay for the food!
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Visiting Pier 39 is a lot of fun. At the very end, on the west side, sits Neptune's Waterfront. We almost didn't enter as it appeared very dark inside. We reconsidered and were seated at a window immediately next to San Francisco Bay. The view couldn't have been better, with Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge and major shipping lanes for entertainment. We enjoyed the service and our waiter who cheerfully adjusted our glasses of Gloria Ferrer Sparkling to a bottle price as we lingered over another glass. We shared the Seafood pasta. It was a bit short on sauce and was mostly fish. The steamer clams were absolutely delicious beyond words. We also shared a Crab Louis, which was superb. Would definitely go again.

StephZ610, Guest Relations Manager at Neptune’s Waterfront Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Neptune's waterfront location offers great a view of the San Francisco Bay. We are glad you enjoyed your visit, and the steamed clams. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had a hamburger, what a shame, but it was great. I'm sure i've missed out some uber nice sea creatures but was happy with my choice. Sea lions were a great enterntainment, but staff.. Hey, these people are great, fun, witty, helpful but not annoying (which sometimes happens with super nice staff )
The only thing i didn't like was the bathrooms

StephZ610, Public Relations Manager at Neptune’s Waterfront Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thanks for your input regarding your latest visit to our restaurant. Neptune's has a great community of servers and how could we not be great fun, we have a wonderful view to make us happy every day. Come back and see us again.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We ate delicious mussels and clams while watching the Super Bowl this year. Great place on the water with excellent staff and reasonable prices. With a view of Alcatraz in the background and the Sealions right out side.

StephZ610, Guest Relations Manager at Neptune’s Waterfront Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

We're glad you enjoyed the Super Bowl at Neptune's this year. The mussels and clams are quite delicious! One of our favorite and most popular dishes on the menu. Hope you see you again next year or in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were a group of 15. We made reservations and they took us pretty much on time, Everyone loved their meals. I had the Sesame crusted tuna on Mongolian noodles, the tuna was excellent, the noodles were very spicy which they didn't note on the menu. in my opinion the noodles spice overpowered the great flavor of the tuna. The service was good but not great, I think our waiter had to many tables and our group over whelmed him, he took forever to to take our order - kept getting called away and forgot to bring our desserts and we were never offered coffee with desert and had to ask for water glasses for the table. It was night time so we couldn't see much of the view but the atmosphere was nice. The price was a bit pricey - my meal was $28 plus $9 to add soup and dessert. The $9 was worth it cause the clam chowder was excellent and the cheese cake was divine.

Neptune's is a great restaurant for large parties as we have plenty of space and many different rooms. We are glad you chose Neptune's for your evening dining. However, we are quite sorry you felt as if the service was lacking. We usually have a server only take 6 tables. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again on Pier 39 and at Neptune's in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

If I had to charge rent for a view like this, it would have been sky high. Our expectations were really high as well. Having a fish dinner right at Pier 39 in San Francisco was a high priority. I can't say that it was the best fish dinner I ever had. It's the off season I know but it's a very coveted spot for visitors to San Francisco. I ordered the seafood bisque as my soup. I can say that the flavor was good but trying to find the fish was hard. Additionally, I don't think I've ever had a tomato based seafood bisque. Usually it's cream based. For my entree I ordered the crispy fish and shrimp platter with fries. I usually go for broiled but the restaurant was not crowded therefore I felt a little uneasy to order broiled. Had the worse heartburn I've ever experienced in my life. Won't be going back there. I'll be visiting San Fran in June 2014. Would love to find a more stellar eating experience.