“Decent at best”

Murphy's Pub
Ranked #2,821 of 5,666 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Financial District
Flowery Branch, Georgia
“Decent at best”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Eat here twice during our stay in San Fran. Food and service very uneven. Fish and chips were the best thing we tried, standard pub fare.One day beer was warm and when I asked for a colder one got one the same temp so I didn't bother asking again. Wait staff kind of acted preoccupied and dis-interested. Price is ok considering most all restaurants in general area are on the expensive side.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Decent pub food, good service”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I ended up coming here several times during my trip. My server didn't recommend the Mac n Cheese, so I guess I can't either, but my burger was pretty good. They serve typical pub food, and we had good service both times we were here. This is a good sized place in a great location. Bartenders were quite knowledgeable about the beers on tap, they made some solid recommendations to my friends.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good place to hang out..”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were walking around in downtown and the temperature was 90F. We wanted to get some beer to catch up and I stopped at this place with my friend from my college who also was visiting SFO. We ordered garlic friends (were good) with Guinness. Our server was good, but overall service was OK.

Port Orchard, Washington
“great murphy on tap but survice and food a bit lacking”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Takes a few moments to figure out you order everything at the bar. Our timing was off for starters the cook who is also the food delivery left for a break while we ordered. Let me backup, the bar tend took my card but no beer. The cook returned 15/20 minutes later. We had ordered the pot pie and chilli. The pot pie in a 5" aluminum foil pan, luke warm at $12.50. Something you might see at a grocery. I returned to the bar for the beer as a customer walked by and said to the bartender, "you don't like your job, do you? While I was standing there she was serving at one end of the bar. She then passed by me to serve 2 customers at the other end of the bar. When she finished I waved my hand for service. She said whats your last name with a smirk. I asked whats with the lack of service? That's when she really opened up with the smile.

My advice, just go for the beer and sit at the bar.

• Visited April 2014
Toronto
“Great food & service”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The service in this pub was fantastic we didn't know what beers or wines to order so the server let is try samplers to make our choice. The food was pub grub but well presented & tasted lovely. The fries are proper chips as well!