“HARVEY'S DOES NOT VALUE CUSTOMERS.”
Review of Harvey's

Harvey's
Ranked #248 of 5,865 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Castro
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Thanks to an employee named "Sam" I was humiliated because they decided to close early and he got physical with me. He was very rude and obnoxious for no reason. I came to eat at 11:30. The hours posted on the door states they close at 1:00am, yet he decided to be very rude to be and say they were closed and proceeded to close the door on my face. I had been to this place many times before but and never experienced this type of behavior. In fact, I have never been treated so badly in my life! I will be legally looking further into this matter. Please avoid giving this place any business. They do not value their customers

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stopped here for a light lunch. Just wanted a wrap and some water. Even though the order was small we were treated very well. The food was excellent - fresh and full of flavour.
We hadn't been in San Francisco since 1976 and needed some guidance regarding public transport - again very helpful and professional staff.
I am sure there are plenty of eateries equally good in The Castro district but I think my wife and I struck it lucky with Harvey's.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This bar was raided by police during the gay riots. It's now named Harveys after Harvey Milk. Good for cocktails at the start of the evening. Staff are polite. Right in the heart of the castro.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nice, relaxed and comfortable place to grab a bite to eat and a pre drink before heading to the bars in the Castro. The menu covers all the basics and has a good succinct wine list. Happy and cute waiters too!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This one is almost a historical sight in itself. They hung up pics of the time when Harvey fought for the gay right, and all of them are very inspiring. This is not just a restaurant but a meeting point with nice staff and awesome food. Easily located at the corner of the street.

The decor is simple and warm. The food i would emphasize is hamburgers and chilies.
The music is nice too. Just another "must stop by" place in San Francisco.
Castro is easy to get to. Just hop on the historic F line tram, and you are there!