“There are better Sushi restaurants!”
Review of Sushi Boat Restaurant - CLOSED

Sushi Boat Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

You will find this restaurant in a dingy basement in the theatre district of San Francisco. The place has seen better days.... And so has the staff. They walk through the motions of service.... Caring less about the customer.

The food was average. It is overpriced for what you receive. My sashimi was at least fresh but the Miso soup was like water. I had thought of ordering a sushi roll but my bill came before i had a chance. It is just as well... It was time to go.

There are a few other Sushi restaurants a block awsy... Go there.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Was very excited about eating here but soon was disappointed. We were welcomed quickly and got green tea that was excellent. Then started with a few trays off the cute boats floating around with sushi on them. It was just ok. Once we selected a couple we wanted something fresher and was asked for help taking an order but it was very very slow in coming. At least 15 minutes. It was very hot and we became annoyed. We had enough and just asked for the check. We received it in a couple more minutes but as we went to the register to pay we waited another 5 minutes as the lady at the register kept taking bills from the servers even when I was asking and handing the bill to them. They just acted like they didn't understand and would not respond to me.?? I see a lot of potential here. Much of the food I saw looked great. :(

Reviewed September 13, 2013

It was decent. I wished for more selection and it was hard to know what was on the boats. The boats weren't always bring replenished in a timely manner.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had never been to a restaurant like this. The sushi is pre-prepared and put on a chain of motorized boats. You take off the sushi you want. If there is something you want, you can ask the sushi chef to make it for you.
Very reasonable and worth the visit if you have never been to one.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

There are other places much better than this one. Sushi is not good. Is not cooked in the right way as real Japanese style.