“Amazing value for money”
Review of Sushi Boat Restaurant - CLOSED

Sushi Boat Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Old idea, but when you feel lazy and don't know what to order it's a great place to go to! the one in Japan town is also very nice. The unagi sushi is cheap and amazing! Portions are large!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a Japanese restaurant one night while in San Francisco and by chance came across this place. Glad we stopped in as it not only had decent food but unique take on an old concept - the sushi conveyer belt. Instead, the food floated by you in boats - same concept just a different approach.
The prices were decent, especially for downtown San Francisco. The spicy tuna roll was excellent.
Overall, worth stopping by if you're in the area and want some good food in a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Delicious! I loved the boats carrying the dishes on the little river circling the chef rather than the usual conveyor belt! Really good value food and a very friendly service.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The menu looked expensive until the food arrived and we saw the size of the portions! The menu pictures do not give one an appreciation for the amount of food. We could not finish it. Quality was excellent, service was friendly (but oddly, nobody spoke Japanese) and ambiance was unique. We enjoyed it and definitely got our money's worth.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went to Sushi Boat for lunch on a recent stay in San Francisco. The restaurant is conveniently located about a block from Union Square, so after some shopping decided to try it out. Even though its close to Union Square, the area is still pretty shady, lots of homeless people and panhandlers just outside the place. It's located in the basement level but it's a nice little restaurant inside. The servers were quick to greet me and showed me to the sushi bar. The sushi bar and boats are in the middle with booths surrounding the rest of the restaurant. The sushi that was on the boats going around was good but I found the selection to be lacking. There were only rolls on the boat, so no sushi pieces, sashimi, or anything besides the rolls. There was maybe 5 different choices so after having a few of the same rolls I was done. They did have a menu but I wanted to have a rather quick lunch from the boat and did not want to wait for a bunch more things to get prepared. Overall the sushi that I had was good, but the lack of selection still left me hungry when I left.