“Great Location and Food”
Review of Lou's Fish Shack

Lou's Fish Shack
Ranked #639 of 5,946 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had 2 different meals at Lou's. Location was great. Sit outside so you can people watch! Food on both occasions was good! Nice place for a quick, inexpensive meal!

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice during our time in San Francisco and loved the food. The first day I had the fish and chips and my husband had the capellino pasta. The second time I had the grilled mahi mahi and he had the fish and chips. The portion sizes are good (especially the fish and chips) and the food was delicious. We had the cheesecake for dessert and it was also good. The prices are not cheap but the food was worth it.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a cheaper alternative since we spent over $100 each night at the Wharf. I had the crab bread bowl and it was great. I also had the fish tacos and I had to trade with my husband, they were way to spicy for me. The shrimp pasta was excellent as well!

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

After a duck tour and day at Fisherman's warf it was nice to relax and have a meal at Lou's. There was live music on Sunday night, quick service, decent kids menu, and big drinks for the adults. I would definitely go back for the fish and chips but I wasn't a fan of the clam chowder. My son liked the sliders and my daughter thought the French fries were best ever.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After biking over the Golden Gate Bridge, my family and I (7 of us) wanted a casual lunch with an outdoor patio so we could watch our bikes. Walking past Lou's on a bright, sunny SF day, we saw two open tables, inquired about pushing them together (to which the hostess agreed after Manager approval), and were waited on immediately. We all had a wonderful lunch and really had wonderful service! The place served good-sized portions, we had a very good and attentive waiter (Sean), and the price was not bad. Our group had: the cheeseburger/fries, fish tacos, salmon BLT, fish and chips, green salad, kids' burger/fries, sodas, two beers (total bill was $133 - not bad!). Everyone said the food was good! I think all of the fish dishes were fresh, hot and got the biggest thumbs up! The crab bowl had fresh, locally caught crab and there was not a bite left when my brother was done with it!
Inside, the restaurant was roomy, with an upstairs bar and additional seating. Getting a window seat upstairs would still provide for people watching on a not-so-sunny SF day.
I would eat here again!