“Italian Comfort Food”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Richmond
Cross street: 24th Street
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Good Italian in the Richmond with extremely challenging parking! Took over twenty minutes to find a spot. Given that, good thing the food was good. Husband had the lamb chops and gave them thumbs up. I love saltimboca and was recently disappointed at another SF restaurant. Ernesto's definitely did not disappoint. Small antipasto salad was big enough for three to four. Will definitely go back

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our waiter catered to our every desire...accommodating our baby's stroller, explaining the specials of the day, spelling out details of the wine list...all with so much fun and flair. We arrived early and enjoyed pasta dishes, wine, and a dessert shared by the four of us. There is something on the menu for everyone, and even those with a gluten intolerance will be satisfied!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Ernesto's is a great restaurant -- one can dress up and feel 'fancy' or jeans/t-shirt and feel just as welcome. Baked clams -- you have to try them. Daily specials are great, from the rib-eye with the 'demi' sauce, to the short ribs or any of the fresh fish entrees. Jimmy (Chef/Owner) makes his own sausage for their pizza and I've often had leftover baked clams, pizza or lasagna for b-fast. On holidays, as I'm single I've often ordered a couple of items and not cooked for a week. As I love garlic, Jimmy has often made me a 'special' garlic sauce as he laffs and says I eat more garlic than he does. Portions are large and sharable (or saved for later). Mussels in season will delight you. Jimmy is very particular about the meat/fish/etc he serves his customers. Now that I live in another state (where we only have a chain 'italian' restaurant or pizza I'll have to learn to prepare for myself but it won't be anywhere nearly as delish as eating Ernesto's cooking.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We arrived early in the evening and had the pasta, chicken, and pizza as entrees, all were very good and served quickly. The chocolate mousse was to die for apparently although I never got to taste it as only a crazy man would take a spoon from your wife and daughter...

The staff were all very friendly and attentive, you couldnt ask for more.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Our waiter was fun! He definitely knew how to describe each food in such a way that you wanted to order it all! I had some tasty Veal Marsala and my husband had a good steak. The food was good, and it was in a convenient (and safe) location.