“Best breakfast in the area”

The New Village Cafe
Ranked #876 of 5,860 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I always have breakfast here when staying at the Holiday Inn on Van Ness. David and Anna are great hosts and we are now on first name terms - it is really good to be remembered every time I go in and even better they remember what my favourite breakfast is. The service is prompt and courteous and the food homely and plentiful. If you are staying locally, give it a try, my friends and I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had breakfast here three mornings in October. Good food with breakfast at less than half our hotel price. Quick service and not too busy at 7.30am. Clean and tidy run by nice helpful couple. Can only agree with previous recommends.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Nice atmosphere, friendly service, good sized portions all freshly cooked and really good value. Popular with those like us staying in the Holiday Inn, looking for something a bit different from a hotel breakfast buffet.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The proprietors Anna & David provide delicious, wholesome food at good value prices. They're a friendly Chinese couple and the service is great - you're well looked-after. It's a traditional, no frills diner that's ideal for breakfast, brunch or lunch. It's just round the corner from the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway so its very handy if you're staying there.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had breakfast there midweek. Nice welcome from the staff and traditional American breakfast fare on the menu. I had the Village Special, scrambled eggs with bacon, spinach and mushrooms, served with home fries. My wife had sausage, eggs and pancakes. Food was delicious. If you're looking for a traditional breakfast cafe, I can thoroughly recommend the New Village Cafe.