“Good breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

The New Village Cafe
Ranked #444 of 5,491 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had breakfast there midweek. Nice welcome from the staff and traditional American breakfast fare on the menu. I had the Village Special, scrambled eggs with bacon, spinach and mushrooms, served with home fries. My wife had sausage, eggs and pancakes. Food was delicious. If you're looking for a traditional breakfast cafe, I can thoroughly recommend the New Village Cafe.

Yorkshire, UK
“Excellent Welcome and Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We ate breakfast two days running here whilst staying at the Holiday Inn, Golden Gateway. The decor is very old fashioned and homely but the welcome is as warm as you could wish and the food is hot plentiful and tasty. We had eggs, bacon and toast both mornings but the second morning I ordered the cinnamon and raisin toast and it was just lovely.
What makes this cafe really special is that the tea comes in a little teapot with the boiling water poured out of a kettle. Something that we had really missed whilst travelling on our 16 day tour of California, Arizona and Nevada.
I can recommend!

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast I had in all USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just round the block, 2 mins from the Holiday Inn, this has been a great favourite with UK tours for many years. I was recommended to go there by a very experienced tour manager who had been so often she was a personal friend of theirs.Look at all the photos all over the walls, many from Titan Tours' California tour that I was on. So friendly and welcoming and such great value. Weekend special is superb Eggs Benedict and I've been making my hash browns their way ever since. Must go back! They even sent me a christmas card that year.

• Visited December 2012
Stafford, United Kingdom
“A great place to start the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had our breakfast here every morning of our 3 day stay. It's a great way to start the day when exploring San Francisco! Being just around the block from our hotel ( Holiday Inn Golden Gateway) we found it convenient, purse-friendly, very tasty and very friendly. Anna remembered our drinks orders after the first morning and she knew just when to refill them. The good choice of breakfast foods were all very reasonably priced and were offered in a range of combinations. On the last morning, our 11 year old son polished off 2 eggs, 4 sausages and 3 pancakes - all for $7 !!! If you're looking for a wholesome place to start the day, one frequented by both visitors and locals, you have to go here!

• Visited July 2013
bedford
“march 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

we ate there nearly every morning of our 12 day stay . great good and value for money. good choice of food on the menu

Visited March 2013