“The chef's BIG mistake really makes this place worth trying!”
Review of Nick's Lighthouse

Nick's Lighthouse
Ranked #668 of 5,857 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Trout fishing is in my blood. I've been doing it my entire life. So when I visit seafood restaurants one of my most common orders is for trout. Not because it is often the least expensive item on the menu - although that helps! - but because I LOVE eating it!

The trout at Nick's Lighthouse was over the top delicious. Unexpectedly so. And with little baby shrimp generously sprinkled all over it as icing on the cake! So what is this chef's mistake?

The mistake is that they made the least expensive item on Nick's seafood menu so good! I don't know why you would ever order anything else. Unless you don't like trout, of course.

Only three stars? Yes, the table and booth seats are in horrible condition - duct tape on my seat, plus the whole seat kept sliding off! This is a very touristy place with all the negatives (and maybe a few positives) that come from that.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Excellent fresh crab at Nick's!!! You can see and smell your crab or lobster being cooked and prepared in the cauldron right in front of the restaurant. Everything is prepared fresh and the chefs cooking outside are fun and friendly... loving their jobs.

This was my second visit and I plan to go again with Dawn when she arrives into SFO.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stopped at Nick's around 7 pm a couple weeks ago ... got 2 cups of crab to go. When I got back to my hotel to eat it, I realized that the crab was bad - it smelled rank and tasted worst. I should have checked it before I paid ...

Reviewed January 29, 2014

They have sit in place or you can sit outside and eat . everytime I go to SFO I will take a full crab from there . I love it.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our first night and we made a bad choice in selecting this place :( we should have eaten off a street vendor outside the restaurant...that is my tip for you).

Seriously, the food is not very good. Four adults and two didn't eat half of what was on their plate, just plain unappetizing. The seafood cannoli (which was pathetic for a restaurant) came with asparagus, so the waitress said as we ordered. Fun fact: Maybe green beans are considered asparagus at Nick's? Oh well, we made better choices the rest of our stay in SF. A tourist trap for sure. I suggest you avoid.