“always good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nick's Lighthouse
Ranked #838 of 5,627 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
sparks nv
“always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We've eaten here several times and never been disappointed. The crab is always good and seems to be about the best price you'll find. Go early or late, they often have a wait at dinner time.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“fantastic food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We looked at almost all places that where offering crabs and lobsters and other fantastic seafood at fisherman's wharf and pier 39 and we chose Nick's by mere intuition, and we had such a lovely lunch! definitely try the house special and the bouillabaisse; fresh & fantastic, we could have not made a better choice!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Liguria
“Fancy a CRAB?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to eat Crab today. At Fisherman Wharf you have many options, but I picked the one that showed more professionality and good Crab!!
I had a 2 lb Crab and a bud light

Bill was 56$
Food was very good!

Given the crowd out there the service was not perfect, but I was overall satisfied

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Return visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Wanted a light and quick lunch so had some clam chowder in a bowl. Not overly salty and went very well with the accompanying sourdough bread. Had some cherry stone clams as well. Service quick and friendly with no pressure to order more. This is my second visit in 12 months and would recommend this place especially for its chowder.

Visited May 2013
tr
“stay away from this dirty place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I love sea food and decided to try crab at Nick's. It was a disgusting nightmare. While I was paying, some of my friend's changed their minds about eating. I understood why when I saw the crab. Legs of the crab were on top of the plate, but when I turned the legs I saw a disgusting yellow liquid which I could not realize first. Then I understood why my friends have changed their minds since they have seen the guy cutting the crab and its intestines getting out and the guy's putting it into the plate without cleaning anything. It was extremely disgusting. I strognly recommend you not to eat here if you do not want to pay $20 for a small crab, its intestines and internal organs all out without being cleaned!

• Visited April 2013