“Crazy good food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We ate here based on other Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. The food is crazy good. The salt & pepper wings were as delicious as everyone said they were. The honey walnut prawns were out of this world. Even the chicken chiw mein, a seemingly simple dish, was better than I've ever tasted. The only ding I'd give the place is that the staff wasnt super friendly. Not rude or unfriendly. Just busy and going through the motions. But service was quick and the quality of the food made up for the rest.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Everyone that works on my floor has been to this restaurant once. I've been here many times, and usually I bring visitors to the area to this restaurant if they want to eat Chinese food in Chinatown. We love, love, LOVE the chicken wings. When I brought a friend of mine to try the chicken wings for the first time, she loved them so much she wouldn't even speak. After eating 8 of them, she told me they reminded her of the chicken her Grandmother would make, it tasted so fresh. We like the Fried Tofu, too! We usually order the pea shoots with garlic. My husband likes the sweet and sour pork. There is something for everyone here!

They only take cash, so be aware of this before you go. When you pay at the register, look on the post near the register for Will Smith's picture. I understand he ate there when filming "Pursuit of Happyness".

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We always eat at Capital restaurant when in San Francisco, sometimes several days in a row. It is that good! I think it is the most authentic chinese food in Chinatown. The honey walnut shrimp is to die for. Everything on the menu is delicious. It is a no frills restaurant with excellent food at a great price. I will be back in SF in April and this will be my first stop!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We always over order, and this was no different. We had potstickers (delicious), mu shu chicken (yum), beef with ginger and scallions (great flavour), chicken fried rice (yum), stir fried seafood (nice but not as nice as the rest) and broccoli with sauce. Too much food, all good.

Initially we were the only anglo diners, but a other family arrived. Home cooking, done well, no pretensions in the restaurant, efficient staff, and it was $63 plus tip. Hard to beat. Go.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We ate a delicious lunch here. We split an appetizer of the fried chicken wings (with salt and jalepenos) between two of us, and if we weren't so hungry, would not have needed much more food. Our main lunch dishes were very tasty too and a good value (lots of food).

The service was friendly and prompt. The restaurant was clean and decoratedly simply.

More locals than tourists were dining there.

They were ok with us bringing an open umbrella stroller and baby in.