“Simply the best in SF”

40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Simply the best in SF”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Because there are no other fabric stores in SF like this, Britex wins hands down as the BEST in SF. Four floors of fabric, notions, passamenterie, ribbons, feathers, etc. etc. has me like a kid in a candy store. It is the only place I will go to for designing my own cushions. The home interiors/upholstery section is outstanding with truly decorator/interior designer quality fabric. The first floor silk section makes me swoon. There are dozens of fabric stores like Britex in New York City -- some better, some not as good -- but Britex is definitely world-class.

Visited December 2011

Round Rock, Texas
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“4 stories of fabric - a dream come true”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

If you like fabric, sewing or quilting (or need a special button or ribbon for another project), you'll love spending some time exploring the 4 floors of Britex Fabrics. Easily accessed just off of Union Square, Britex Fabrics has been selling top-quality fabrics & notions for 60 years. Friendly & efficient staff are happy to help point you to whatever kind of fabric interests you. For me, that's mostly quilting-weight cottons.. They carried a few funky modern prints from well-known quilt fabric manufacturers which I've seen at other shops, but I mostly saw fabrics I'd never seen anywhere before. Prices are high compared to other quilting-weight cottons I can buy at home, but seemed OK for the specialty & import items I actually purchased. I love buying fabrics as vacation souvenirs!

Britex has one entire floor dedicated to notions -- buttons, ribbons, you name it. The other 3 floors have tons of fabric laid out on counters & shelves. If you feel lost, just ask for help!

Don't go there expecting a normal fabric store -- instead just go there prepared to be in awe of the sheer quantity of fabrics of all kinds.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank SDSUGRAD
Seattle, Washington
160 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“Oh, boy, more than buttons !”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

What a fabulous store ! If you have any interest in lovely ribbons, an unbeilevable selection of buttons and unique fabrics, you will love this store. I don't even sew, but I adore this place ! The staff is knowledgeable, very helpful and professional. You may have to wait a few minutes to be waited on, but when you are, they are totally attentive. They will help you select the best option for your needs and give you all sorts of technical advice. I can't even begin to describe everyting they have here, but if you have evr thought of picking up a needle and thread, even just to sew on a button.....heaven awaits you !

Visited April 2011