“Magical little place!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Magic Theatre
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a small little theater in historic downtown Hot Springs so don't expect a big Broadway production. But it's a very unassuming and charming family operated business that is meant for an evening of clean family fun. I was there with my 10 year old granddaughter for the 8pm showing on a Friday evening and it was a full house. Everyone, especially the kids, had a great time and there was enough "grown up" humor thrown in that the adults loved it too. Mr. Blade is a very talented gentleman and his performance contained not only his magic tricks but comedy and music as well, He is an accomplished musician and shared some of his singing and playing of the piano. He related well to the audience and was quite patient with all the kids who wanted their picture taken with him after the show. The staff was very helpful and friendly and made sure we had good seats despite arriving a little late. I also want to mentioned that parking (which can be a problem during tourist season) can be found a short distance north of the theater on the same side of Central Ave. around "Fat Jack's" restaurant. We spent 3 days in Hot Springs and everyone agreed that this was one of our favorite events.

There are newer reviews for Magic Theatre
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Magic's performances are always a dive into new theater work, sometimes tackling some intense issues and emotions, often very funny, but never dull or ordinary. If you visit San Francisco, consider a visit to the Magic as you'll likely see a completely original work. Magic is our 'at the fore-front' theatrical experience. It started with Sam Shepard several decades ago and has charted new territory. If you go, you can grab dinner in the nearby Marina area, take a walk along the bay and harbor before the play, and get great views of the Golden Gate and beyond.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I love the format of this show! They invite you in an hour early for drinks and/or appetizers and the magician comes around and does tricks for you at your table. He bent a fork in my hand and levitated the card I had chosen earlier out of my husband's hands. And OK, my husband is quite visually disbled, to the point of being mostly blind. The magician came over before the show and asked us where my husband could see the best and walked us to our seats, as he does everyone, we just got first pick of seats. The theatre only seats 42 people max so the views are great, the magic is great, and the experience is incredible, I very highly recommend it for adults but this is a true family show, bring on the kids as well!

2  Thank Circce