“Give it a miss!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 316 Nightlife in San Francisco
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Give it a miss!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having read all of the great reviews about this bar, we decided to give it try as we were staying close by. What a disappointment! Inside was dingy and musty. The barman didn't smile and barely spoke as he served us and was very impatient while I read the cocktail menu trying to decide on which drink I wanted. We drank up quickly and left. Won't be returning.

Visited August 2013

Los Angeles
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Beware... the Mai Tai's are deceivingly strong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Definitely a dive bar in Chinatown... with the most deadly Mai Tai's I have ever had. I read reviews and knew better than to drink more than one despite not tasting a drop of alcohol. My boyfriend however did not and ordered two. Let's just say, I have never seen him so intoxicated.

If you find yourself in Chinatown late at night, swing by!!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lolaisabruin
Nicholasville, Kentucky
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Deadly Mai Tai's - gotta try 'em”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you are anywhere near Grant St. in Chinatown, you MUST visit Li Po's cocktail lounge. Don't be afraid - it's awesome. Somewhat of a "dive" bar, but don't let that scare you off. It has a wonderful atmosphere and the best mai tai ever. But fair warning - they will sneak up on you. Plan on a cab ride home. Jackie, the bartender is wonderful. Super friendly. Don't miss out on the experience!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Beth S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just went here for the first time today. And I have to admit I fond out about this place from the Bourdain layover show - but I am glad I did. Amazing div-y bar in china town but not Dive-y if that makes sense.

The Mai Tai is straight up lethal. 4 shots in it - one of which is 151 - and it is only $9.

The bartenders are awesome and it is cash only.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank markpappas
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Great find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Found this place by accident walking thru Chinatown. Fun, little spot to stop in for a few drinks. Nice, friendly bartender also.