“Very cute restaurant. Everything from crab cake and seafood pasta is great.”
Review of Cafe Maritime - CLOSED

Neighborhood: SoMa
Neighborhood: SoMa
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 23, 2009

Very cute restaurant. Everything from crab cake and seafood pasta is great.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
There are newer reviews for Cafe Maritime

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 2, 2008

This is the best late night place in SF! Open till 1am every day.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 24, 2008

We were sent here by our hotel. It was described as a place where locals go for seafood. Our dinners were incredible. We had a whole dungeness crab and petrale sole followed by coconut cream pie. The vegetables were done to perfection and the seafood was some of the best we've eaten. The physical restaurant itself is nothing special but it's comfortable, the service was good, and the prices very reasonable.

1  Thank FatherMckenzie
Reviewed October 26, 2007

The Cafe Maritime we visited is on Lombard. We arrived early and there was only one other patron. Our "waitress" spent 95% of her time talking to the other patron about interesting travel destinations. She talked to us twice I think, to take our order and to give us the bill. A young man from the back brought our dinner out. We ordered the special of the night and received mashed potato with no seasoning, barely warm green beans and grilled salmon. All very bland and forgettable! We would have complained about the service, but could not get anyones attention!! We picked this restaurant on it's review, sorry we did.

Reviewed June 9, 2006

I often use tripadvisor when traveling out of town and trying to pick the perfect place for a nice meal, so I thought I might share my thoughts on one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants in the hope that it might help someone else.

Cafe Maritime is a quaint, little restaurant with excellent food and great service. Its location is deceiving, as it is on a busy strip of Lombard that, well, is not the best locale for a restaurant. However, once inside, you'll totally forget the locale and instead focus on the intimate, warm ambience and the yummy food. This is one of the best, most affordable, seafood retaurants in the city. Asides from Aqua (my favorite pricey restaurant in SF), Martime is my choice when in the mood for seafood. I have never had a bad experience there and highly recommend it to anyone. The website -[--]cafemaritime[--] - gives you a good sense of the experience. If you're looking for super ritzy this is not it - try Aqua, Bix, Boulevard, or maybe La Folie, but be prepared to pay. Maritime will, in comparison, run maybe $120 for a great date (wine, appetizers, food, dessert, and coffee). The only thing Maritime needs is an espresso machine.

2  Thank garden78