“A hidden Gem”
Review of Cafe Lombard

Cafe Lombard
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Lombard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,255 of 5,866 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Italian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina District
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is a quaint place that if you blink you will miss it. I discovered couple years ago as I stayed next door at the Travel Lodge. I had about 3 meals there due to convenience. WOW....fantastic breakfasts, all the waiters/waitresses were very nice. It is actually an Italian restaurant, I regret not being able to eat dinner there......3 cheers for the Lombard Cafe.....

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were staying at The Lombard Hotel, this was across the street. Upon checking it's reviews, we thought we'd wander over and check it out. We only had breakfast there, most of the reviews were for evening meals. Breakfast was good, plenty, and only $6.99. Tasted like a homemade meal, and it is made in front of you, while the owner hums and sings. Nothing out of the ordinary, I kinda expected more after reading the amazing reviews, but it was good.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Ten years ago we stayed at the Comfort Inn across the street from Café Lombard. After a long day of sight seeing, my 9 year old son and I decided to try the café. We were the only ones there at the time and the friendly chef treated us very well. The freshly made carbonara was excellent! Because my son was 9, we shared the big plate of pasta. The next day we had breakfast there and it was good too. The atmosphere was charming. Jump ahead 10 years...this summer my son and I visited the Café Lombard again, of course! We had to experience the carbonara one more time. And would you believe? The same friendly lady. And the same great carbonara. Only this time, my 19 year old college football son ate his big plate of pasta and half of mine. On our next trip to San Francisco, we will definitely go to the café again.

1  Thank Dianne L
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

My family and I visited Cafe Lombard, situated opposite Comfort Inn, and first ordered hot drinks.
The lady boss Virginia was friendly and as she started talking to us, she mentioned various San Francisco landmarks. Upon hearing that we would be missing Twin Peaks, she offered to close her shop to bring us around! She brought us around right after that, entertaining us and extending warmth as if we were long time friends.
Though we didn't try their dishes, with such hospitality, there is without doubt that you'll get more than you expect when you visit cafe Lombard!
A definite must-try!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Best Breakfast in Town
We had the nicest breakfast, the service was fantastic, food incredible hospitality great lovely people to chat with. All round great service and food. We loved it from your new Australian friends