“Great Irish Coffee”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We were welcomed late at night and enjoyed many delicious Irish Coffees with an order of French fries. All was good and the service was good and fun. It was the waitresses last night but her service and great sense of humor was fresh. Thank you for the wonderful memory.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,010)

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Fun on a weekend brunch. The staff entertains and the food isn't bad. An Irish coffee on a foggy morning at the marina is perfect, pure San Francisco.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

This place supposedly introduced the Irish Coffee to the US. It is a bloody good coffee made in front of you as you sit at the bar. Breakfast is fairly decent as well and the staff are a really friendly crowd. To sample the Irish Coffee alone is worth a visit and then you can jump on a cable car right outside and head into the city.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Such a tourist trap. I wish we had not stepped into this place but the kids were hungry and we were leaving out of SanFran in several hours. A group of 5 people left a round table that sat 6 people and so the oriental man came along and cleaned the table for us to sit. As soon as we pulled our chairs out and sat down, a cranky old waitress barked at us that this was their busy time so make room for others to sit. A bit shocked at her rudeness (no "welcome" or "good morning" just a nasty, bi+chy attitude) so we moved in and left two seats to the right of us at our round table, all along thinking who in the world would want to come sit down with four strangers at a round table when the complete bar area was vacant? The table next to us had only 4 people sitting at it but they seemed to be friends of hers so it was obvious the were entitled to a better experience than out- of-towners were. We came in to enjoy the Irish coffee we had heard about but our visit was not worth it as it went down hill from here. The waitress, whom I was told was Kathryn, then came over with beverage napkins and THREW THEM at us and said, "what do you want?" I spoke up, "Well, that was really RUDE!" and she laughed, "That is my finesse." I said, "Well hun, I suggest you find a better finesse cause it isn't working!" Of course she looked at me as if how DARE I speak to HER that way. Both of my children, age 15 and 13, were very embarrassed at the exchange but I refused to be treated in such a rude manner. If a patron walks into an eating establishment, waitstaff need to understand that it is OUR money that provides their weekly paychecks and I just refused to be treated as scum. We really should've walked out but it was 9:30 am and we had to catch a plane. We ordered and I can almost guarantee she spit in my food, so I did not touch it. She sat in the corner watching me waiting for me to eat but I didn't give her the satisfaction so I drank my water and we left as soon as possible. I have never in my life been treated as ill as I was at this restaurant. This woman should be fired and in looking at other reviews before me it seems that many people have had the same experience as I have. One poor girl had a bad experience with rude manager/owner so I can see how maybe this type of behavior is permitted within his eatery. Luckily they have a liquor license and they are located in the Square/Wharf area or else they would be out of business if they continue to keep such rude waitstaff hired. If you travel to San Francisco, DO NOT go here. Go get your Irish Coffee somewhere else and save your money.

1  Thank DanzaMartin
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Hamburgers ok, good Irish coffee.
But the rest is awful. The "fresh crab" tastes like air. The "soup of the day" is a tiny glass with boiled carrots and potatoes.
Rude waiters, long waiting.