“Fast Delicious Chinese Food!”
Review of Bow Hon

Bow Hon
Ranked #2,979 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Melbourne, Florida
“Fast Delicious Chinese Food!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Fast Delicious Chinese Food! Ordered Chicken Fried Rice. Food was delivered Hot, very nice portion and it was on my table in less than 3 minutes of ordering. Did I mention Delicious! Great value under 8 dollars

Winchester, Virginia
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I traveled with a group of 5 people, including 2 small children. We stopped outside the restaurant to read the menu, when the hostess came out and told us their specials and explained some of the food items. So, we decided to give it a try. We were the only customers, so that made me a little nervous, but we definitely had quick service! We ordered the family meal for 4 (sweet and sour pork, chicken and mushroom lo mein, pork fried rice, beef and broccoli, and spring rolls). I ordered fried tofu. All of the food was excellent, and easily divided between the 5 of us, with some leftover. The bill came to $69, including the tip. At one point, my daughter had to use the restroom, which was on the 3rd floor up a narrow stairway. The bathroom was very small, with no handsoap. And, the hostess/server chatted on her blue tooth the majority of our meal. Overall, great food, mediocre service.

• Visited June 2012
Ash Fork
“Great find!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We wanted to find a place to get Dim Sum and did not want a fancy place, Just some place casual. This was the perfect spot. We ordered off the Dim Sum Menu. My friend and I ended up trying 6 different items. A variety of tastes are check was under $20. Fun , good and a bargain

Frederick, Maryland
“2 Thumbs Down”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I went for dinner & ordered the scallop dumplings, but scallops were nowhere to be tasted or seen in the dumplings, just some mashed up shrimp with some kind of filler?? I also ordered some type of shrimp stir fry dish. It had way too much corn starch, making the gravy/sauce too gelatinous.
Also the menu prices are a bit misleading. They show one price for the dim sum, then in very tiny print at the bottom, there is a footnote that you should add an extra $2.00 to the dim sum because those prices listed above are only for breakfast. What? They should clearly outline that, or have a breakfast menu vs. a lunch/dinner menu. I would not recommend this place. The food was underwhelming and didn't seem like authentic Chinese at all, even though it is right in the heart of Chinatown.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank KStarrr
“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We made a huge mistake by walking in the door. We had fabulous meals the whole time in san Fran. We decided to eat here spontaneously..i didn't take the time to look up a place in China town. If only I would have, I would have seen the horrible comments.
First off the service was horrible. My boyfriend couldn't get a glass of water for the life of him. The tea was weak and watered down. He ordered chop suey and got low mien that was bland and had absolutely no flavor. I played it safe and got beef and broccoli. He got his food about 10 mins before I did. When I finally got mine the beef was flimsy and had a strange taste, almost fishy. I wasn't sure if the put oyster sauce or something like that in it. It was disgusting. I was fooled by going into here because I saw Asian people in here so I figured it must be good. Wrong!!!!!# Both of our stomachs were upset for 2 Days. This was the last place we ate before our vacation was over. What a sour note to end on.

2 Thank mwharton