“Average food, noisiest place I have ever eaten!”
Review of The Irish Bank

The Irish Bank
Ranked #443 of 5,796 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Food was fine, though the breading on the fish and chips was soggy and the fish was not entirely fresh. Man oh man, the noise was ear-splitting! We had to leave--could not even finish our meal!!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our first night in San Francisco the front desk clerk recommended this place. Not a great place for a family. In fact, our kids were the only kids in the place! They didn't even have milk. However, they had a great beer selection and the burgers were great. Our kids had the Shepherds Pie. They weren't thrilled. The sides, fries and coleslaw, weren't anything to write home about either. Our waiter was very nice and attentive. The atmosphere was fun, they even had tables set up out in the alley if you wanted a bit more of a quiet experience. They also had this sauce at the table that I thought was very tasty. If it were just a buddy or my wife and I this is a great place for a burger and a beer.

1  Thank oakenk
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The location and service was good. The bouncer was funny but looked like he could take care of trouble if he needed to. The food was average. The beer was cold. It was close to our hotel and inexpensive. I would go there again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed this bar. I wish I could remember the bar tender's name. He was great! I ordered a Shandy and he asked my preference for beer used. That absolutely hit the spot for me. Everybody seemed to enjoy their selves. I know I did. Had left a phone, so had to walk back to the bar. When got back, notice the bar tender, from another Irish bar, eating dinner here. I didn't much care for the bar, that he served at, even though more people were at that one, than the Irish bank. Their loss, because the Irish Bank is simply better!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Coming from Boston, we started immediately searching for the best Irish pub in SF. So far, the award goes to the Irish Bank. Wonderful atmosphere, both indoor/outdoor seating, food and drinks above par. The Irish Bank is a place where you can (and want to) become a regular. Hands down, best Irish bar I have found thus far in the Bay area.