“Solid sushi for a fair price”

Akiko's Sushi Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Union Square
Great Neck, New York
“Solid sushi for a fair price”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Small restaurant that is big on quality. The miso soup was great (I like it without seaweed). The seaweed salad was a little too wet with dressing for my taste, but very fresh. The tuna and salmon sashimi were top notch. I would eat here again.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Tiny Bar but good Sushi”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I visited this place for the first time this year since my co-worker insisted that we come here. I'm not an expert when it comes to sushi, but I liked the food and it was nice to eat in a tiny restaurant. The service is fast since you can only seat like max. 15 people. This is also the downside since if your party consists four or more, it might be tricky to get a table.

• Visited February 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great sushi - thanks TA reviewers”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My colleagues and I were on our last day in San Francisco and fancied sushi. A quick visit to TA mobile app and just a few blocks down from our hotel (Mark Hopkins) was Akiko's. AS we waited for our colleague, the doorman asked if he could help "We're off to a sushi bar - we good thanks" "Which one" "Akiko's" "Great choice - one of the best in town"

The combination f TA reviews and local endorsement sealed it, so off we went. As has been said already, it is tiny so you might want to make a reservation. Luckily for us a table cleared, so we got seated quickly. Whilst not a sushi connoisseur, it was one of the best ones I had eaten - my colleague more so and he was impressed.

We jus tasked the waiter to bring us a selection and the stand-out favourite for us all were the California rolls.

Service might not have been uber-sharp, but not bad. The bill was pretty OK too.

Well worth a visit - and only a few steps away from Union Square

San Diego, California
“Mediocre sushi; odd service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Not sure why this place gets so many outstanding accolades. I've been a sushi connoisseur for three decades and found this place to be just OK. It is a very small restaurant and there are a few tables and 3 seats at the sushi bar. I sat at the sushi bar hoping to converse with and order through the sushi chef but he apparently speaks no English. As soon as I said a word to him the waitress jumped in took my orders. The quality of the fish was good and fresh but not special. Being a small restaurant the choices are limited. I'm sure there is much better sushi to be found in SF.

Atlanta, GA
“Fresh Sushi, Tiny Little Place”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I like this place, something neat about only being able to seat 15 people. The sushi is alway fresh and really tasty. The downside is they are often out of various things on the menu, which is frustrating if you have something in mind you want eat that day. The service is pretty prompt.