“Great little place and good value downtown.”

Akiko's Sushi Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 5,860 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

The prices are actually suburban reasonable and the fish is very fresh. The staff was very pleasant and sweet, a great little place for some good sushi.

There's seating for 15 in here and it is tight, but I really enjoyed my meal. Great little place.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Loved the sushi!! The disco specialty roll was amazing...The service was excellent. We went when the restaurant opened at 5:00 and it was a good thing we did as the place was already full and we were at least able to get a spot at the counter. Very fun, GREAT food, good prices.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I accompanied my wife shopping (Saks, Nieman Marcus) around Union Square and found ourselves wanting dinner at around 6 p.m. We opened our trusty Trip Advisor app and found Akiko was only 2 blocks away. We asked our saleslady, and she smiled and said it was one of the restaurants she recommended. The place is tiny, and the bathroom is in the next building basement, but the sushi is some of the best I have had. I ordered a chef's selection of sashimi, my wife vegetarian and yellow tail maki. The fish was melt-in-your-mouth tender, and the flavors delicate. Most sushi restaurants in our hometown are closed on Mondays, and I am always skeptical about how fresh fish is on Mondays. Akiko had only 5 types of fish available, but all were excellent.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled on this place when we had meant to go to the other akiko on bush street. We returned here later before a red eye for delicious, light, fresh sushi with excellent service. Highly suggest the unagi salad which combines greens, avocado, yellow tail and eel sashimi. Simple but delicious and fulfilled salad need. Although all 3 very good, we loved double star, sumo, and disco in that order. All enjoyed with an inexpensive chardonnay!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had a very good meal there. Be early or reserve, because they have only 15 seats! I definitly recommend this the restaurant! Enjoy.