“Excellent salads and sandwiches”
Review of Bistro Boudin

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Taylor St.
Transit: The MUNI "F" Line drops passengers off directly in front of Boudin at the Wharf on Jefferson Street (between Mason and Taylor Streets).
Description: Located on the upper level of Boudin at the Wharf, Bistro Boudin offers an ideal place to enjoy a leisurely meal. Warm and inviting with beautiful dark wood accents, Bistro Boudin features a full service bar and spectacular views of the waterfront. The menu is influenced by the abundance of seasonally fresh foods available in the San Francisco Bay Area and the restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. Please check out our Visual Menu: bit.ly/1H6jDIM
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

Recommend for lunch sourdough sandwiches.Californian veggie sandwich is very tasty served with salad.We also liked the almond croissant but not as good as in the Longerei coffee shop.Chicken salad with sourdough bread is good.Atmosphere in restaurant is canteen like.Good for short lunch visit.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (4,084)

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner upstairs on a Saturday night. The view was great. We were given a window seat, but it was freezing with a vent of some kind blowing directly on us the entire meal. Food was just average. The burger was dry and the sourdough bun way too thick and hard for a burger. Had to deconstruct it just to eat it. The fries were plain and lacked seasoning. My daughter’s bisque in a bread bowl was good. The ahi tartar appetizer was good but they gave us three tiny thin chips to share for the entire appetizer. Our waiter was not knowledgeable of the beers but tried to sell me on one even though he admitted he wasn’t sure what type it was. He was very slow with service, had low energy and was unfriendly. Our food was served by a runner and the waiter didn’t come to check on us for at least 10 minutes. With all the choices and the check I paid I wish we had gone elsewhere. Very average at best and nothing memorable.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

I saw the bakery on my tour and figured I would try it at the end. It looked great seeing a well known fresh bakery connected with a restaurant. The maître d suggested the macaroni with crab and a few other dishes.

I told the waiter that I am a big eater and wanted a big dish. He said the macaroni would be perfect. I guess my imagination was way off. I fancied some beautiful and sizeable dish with al dente macaroni, a tasteful cheese and nice chunks of fresh crab. The advertised included bread would be hot, fresh out of the oven.

In reality, the macaroni was done within five minute tes, and that was wth me trying to eat slowly. The shreds of crab did little to dice up the bland meal. They did not tell me that bread had to be requested, so it was only brought after the meal was almost done. And it didn’t require a famous bakery. It was cold regular dinner bread. To be fair the waiter asked if he should take the meal back but there was almost none left anyway. I told him I was disappointed. He brought me the bill.

On the way out, the maître d’ asked how the meal was. I told him it was awful and told him why. He repeated “awful” and turned his attention away.

It’s only worth one star, but the waiter seemed nice. Also, the cold bread still tasted as good sourdough. I would suggest eating elsewhere then grabbing a loaf of bread for later.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

This place offers an excellent atmosphere, since it is one of the places that are part of the history of this beautiful city.
In addition to enjoying a good meal, you will have the opportunity to see the museum that tells the story of how this family business was born and witness the elaboration of Budin bread from the second floor.

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

A very good and classic clam chowder as in the East coast.
Serve in a bread bowl then you eat it. A must try and a very good bistro on the Pier. Go on the second floor for the atmosphere and relax.