“Excellent Clam Chowder!”
Review of Bistro Boudin

Bistro Boudin
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Boudin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Taylor St.
Transit: The MUNI "F" Line drops passengers off directly in front of Boudin at the Wharf on Jefferson Street (between Mason and Taylor Streets).
Description: Located on the upper level of Boudin at the Wharf, Bistro Boudin offers an ideal place to enjoy a leisurely meal. Warm and inviting with beautiful dark wood accents, Bistro Boudin features a full service bar and spectacular views of the waterfront. The menu is influenced by the abundance of seasonally fresh foods available in the San Francisco Bay Area and the restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. Please check out our Visual Menu: bit.ly/1H6jDIM
San Francisco, California
“Excellent Clam Chowder!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

A bit pricey, but what do you expect from a tourist restaurant? The soup more than made up for it and window seats are a must. My boyfriend and I came up here for our anniversary and we were quite pleased. We ordered a bottle of Geyser Peak Chardonnay and were treated to a proper wine service, except the server spilled a bit of the wine. She replaced it with another glass of wine. Perfect. Granted, this being a Tuesday afternoon, we received the service we were expecting - just a tad on the slow side. We were in no rush, and our server gave us two free loaves of bread and congratulated us on our two years together. Boudin's at the wharf will definitely be in our top three for our visits to the sunny San Francisco alongside The Franciscan and Lou's. Though for a bread bowl, you can't beat Boudin.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“A bit overpriced, but worth the visit”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've dined here several times in the last four years. My family happens to live in South City, but we can't help coming here for get togethers. This restaurant must have gone through some renovations because the floors are shinier and it appears to have a warmer ambience. My wife had the lobster gnocchi - to die for and I had the crab feast. While the portions could be a bit more, it's what one would expect from a tourist location. All service personnel were professional and courteous. I was even helped by other employees who obviously were not assigned to my server's section. Kudos for that.

Bread - I expect my bread to be warm and today it was, although my understanding is that bread is delivered up stairs throughout the day. My butter was warm but tasted like it was mixed. Growing up on a farm, one would notice the difference between butter and some concoction - but good nonetheless. Seems like the recipe changed.

The bathrooms- I always have to have a separate section for this because I'm picky, but the mens bathroom was clean and stocked appropriately. I appreciate that because its always a bother when I can't do rudimentary things when necessary.

Overall, a great experience and I'lll be bringing my family back again around Chinese New Years next year.

Saddle River NJ
“Do not miss their history museum”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Take a number, yes, but wait, you get to see the museum while you are waiting and it is so packed with historical information including watching them make it right down stairs, This restaurant has eating facilities down stairs, but come up and see a different view. . The food was exceptional and I do believe for value, priced well. the soup in a bowl is very popular, but we opted for a traditional onion soup which was very fresh, as was the bread on the table . I was very impressed with service time as well, no waiting, it just flew out of the kitchen.

Visited January 2013
Olney, MD
“Awesome! Never disappoints!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Lived up to the memory of my first breadbowl soup five years ago! Great price, great location, immaculate place!

Visited February 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Skip it!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We really didn't enjoy our meal here at all. First of all, our waiter was TERRIBLE! We immediately felt that we had done something to make him angry because he was very unpleasant. We then noticed the manager apologizing to another one of his tables and realized it wasn't just us. Our ticket says his name was Brent ( younger asian man with longer hair). When we complained, we just got a "we're sorry!".

If you're going to serve cold sourdough bread, please don't serve it with ice cold butter!! Warm one of the two please. I just don't get that at all.

The crab, artichoke and spinach dip was very good. The crab and corn chowder in a breadbowl was good too. The crabcake sandwich was very bland, I ended up slathering on grey poupon to give it flavor. Their fries are good.

My wife had a margarita on the rocks that tasted like it was all margarita mix. Very little alcohol in it. They sugared the rim vs. salted it. It was a really bad 10$ drink.

If you're in Fisherman's Wharf, skip the Bistro Boudin.

• Visited February 2013