“Fabulous, but it's closed”
Review of Teatro ZinZanni - CLOSED

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My son and I went here and had an amazing and delightful time. The show reminded me of European cabaret. Funny and slightly naughty. But when we wanted to return with his fiancee this summer, we discovered that it has closed. They promise to return in a new location, but for now they are just a memory.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have been to the dinner show about four times. We even had our company Christmas party there. The food is only part of the fun. The stars of the show are also the servers. The show changes about every four month. It's a great date out!

2  Thank Don B
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Nice cabaret type dinner, the food was not fantastic although it was a feat to get it all out at the same time.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

This was just a remarkable evening...very different and FUN!!!! The dinner was really good with three choices for your main course. All six people at my table loved the food and my Irish Coffee with dessert was excellent. The performers are so talented and have crafted their skills to provide an exciting and fun evening where you can leave your cares at the door! The show will be moving to a new location because of the America's Cup, and will close the end of Dec 2011.They will open in their new location in Nov 2012. I sat in the least expensive seats, loved them...booths that hold 6 people. I would pick them again over the more expensive floor seats. The venue is small enough to really make this feel like you are at a crazy private party. I hope when they move they will keep the same type of venue!!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Great dinner shows are harder and harder to come by these days but thank goodness Teatro ZinZanni is still going strong. I can see why: Great acts, great costumes, great food.

We arrived early to take advantage of the bar and to browse the little boutique off the lobby. The doors opened and we found our seats. There are different prices for the different seating areas. We took a table on the main floor and were not disappointed. Of course, it's a relatively small venue (in the round) with most of the action in the center of the tent. As such, there are no bad seats really.

We opted for a matinee performance which included four courses instead of the five courses included with the evening performances - a starter of brie and crostini, a salad, a choice of three entrees, and dessert. Each course is served at different points in the show. The action is almost none-stop but there were occasions we could speak to the other couple at our table with just background music from the house band.

Most of the acts were singing, dancing, and other vaudeville-style shenanigans. The show changes every couple of months and has a different theme. Of course, this being San Francisco, there are adult-themes present: mostly innuendo but I did feel a little uncomfortable for the pre-teens sitting across from us during a few racy SM moments. While I haven't seen Beach Blankey Babylon in San Francisco, I understand they tone-down the adult humor during their matinees. This might be something for Teatro to consider in the future.

Our only real disappointment was missing out on coffee and dessert. It seems our table was missed and by the time the server reappeared after the closing number, we had to ask for the desserts to be wrapped to go. The server (and several other staff members) were very embarrased and made sure that an adjustment to our drink charges were made to make up for overlooking our table.

From start to finish, the afternoon show was about 2.5 hours. I was told the evening show can run about an hour longer. Parking was relatively inexpensive ($10 weekend rate) at the lot directly behind the tent - very convenient and very inexpensive for San Francisco.

The show is leaving its current location after December 31 due to contruction along the Embarcadero for the upcoming America's Cup. I was told in confidence a new location should be announced soon - they are tying up some contractural loose ends with the new site. I look forward to seeing a show in the new location soon!

2  Thank gbtrotter