“Great bar, great to relax.”
Review of Zeke's Sports Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Neighborhood: SoMa
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Pretty nice place, the staff was very nice and entertaining. I believe the owner was there, i like places like that. The prices here are pretty good, not over priced. Typical bar food, a lil bit above average. The place stands out from the street so it is not that hard to find at all. They have pool, some people were playing cribbage? Overall, nice local bar.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is one of the few "real bars" in the neighborhood good for catching a pre or post game drink away from the wine sipping spectators and the bridge and tunnel crowd. Good selection of beers on tap as well as a large array of flat screen TV's guaranteeing a view. Plenty of bartenders beans never having to wait long for a dink and prices are fair - $4.75 for a pint of microbrew.

1  Thank Sean C
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Was looking for a place to have a beer and stumbled on to this gold mine! No more than 5 minutes after I sit down, I'm playing the owner in cribbage for drinks. He seemed like a nice sort, so I didn't care if I won or lost. Not sure if he was throwing the games or if he was just that bad, but I ended up drinking for free for the night! Can't wait to go back again!

1  Thank MrMarchMadness
Reviewed November 2, 2008

My husband and I were looking for something a little unusual - a place to come and watch the Brazillian F1 Grand Prix at 8.30 on a Sunday morning, so we could cheer on Lewis Hamilton.

We rang Zeke's the day before, and asked them if they'd be showing it, which they said they would, and confirmed the time.

We caught the bus out there Sunday morning, and upon arrival were told that no, they couldn't show us the whole race because they would switch over to the football half way through (but we could watch the first half hour)

We asked them if they knew of somewhere else we could go to watch the whole race, and they directed us three blocks further out of town to another sports bar that was closed. Great job Zeke's!

We missed the first half of the race finding somewhere else - the 4th & mission street sports bar near the Marriot put it on a TV for us, and were much more accommodating.

In summary, if you're looking for staff who know what they're doing, or anything that's not football, then avoid!