“Good Irish pub with quality food”
Review of Johnny Foley's

Johnny Foley's
Ranked #105 of 5,737 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Union Square
Raby, United Kingdom
“Good Irish pub with quality food”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went for am meal and some drinks in Foleys as it looked like a nice place and was quite busy. The place is well decorated with typical Irish pictues and furniture and this adds a lot of character and warmth. We had a really nice meal of seafood and fish dishes and the quality was very nice indeed and the service excellent. A great variety of drinks help the night roll along so it was a very pleasurable night. On leaving around 10pm there was an Irish band about to start playing - but with jet-lag from our trip from the UK we just couldn't stay to hear it. The place was busy for a Tuesday night so it must have a good reputation for music, food and drink. Good value for the whole night.

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pentwater, Michigan
“Great Guinness”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Very loud but Irish they had had Irish music. I had the chicken curry- good kick to it . My husband had the baked 1/2 rosemary chicken- very good with mashed potatoes. I'd go back but want to try an Irish coffee. Not as Irish as I had hoped!!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Worth checking out”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a cool place to stop if you're out and about in Union Square. It was super busy (Saturday night) but our server couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. Food and drink prices seemed reasonable.

• Visited November 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great Irish pub!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We went here before dinner for a Guiness and Jameson. Kind of hard to get wrong. Our server was quick and very friendly. With many choices of Irish pubs around town, this one was great. Highly recommended!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Irish Food-Atmosphere-Music”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am from Ireland and I felt at home! The decor and pleasant staff reminded me of the pubs back in Ireland! I stopped in 3 times during my trip and each visit was exceptional! As large as the place is, the layout offers many nooks & crannies to enjoy an personal dining experience or a group gathering. Expansive beverage list! Bartenders were kind enough to offer me a taste of some draft beers I did not know. Fish & Chips was my favorite meal. I also enjoyed the Almond Black Pepper Crusted Salmon Filet and Wild Mushroom Ravioli during my visits. Desserts, loved 2: Bread Pudding and Vanilla Crème Brulée. Be sure to check out the Dueling Piano's In The Cellar.

1 Thank KatVonDe73