“Perfect location and view”

Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Ranked #31 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Michigan
“Perfect location and view”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I particularly enjoyed the decor. It was a nice mix of clean modern but softened by nature themes. Our room had a wonderful view of the bay bridge. It was perfect access to the ferry building and all the food shops there as well as buses into the shopping districts.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay bridge if thats what you are after
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelVitaleGM, General Manager at Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
purpletreegirl:
I am so glad that you enjoyed Hotel Vitale’s atmosphere of “Luxury, Naturally”. It creates a soothing environment for our guests to relax. The bridge views are even beautiful at night with- The Bay Lights art installation—the pattern of lights doesn’t repeat, so you will never see the same show twice! We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back next time you are visiting the Bay Area.

David Lemmond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Indianapolis
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I reserved at Hotel Vitale strictly due to proximity to a business meeting, and was blown away with the beauty, peacefulness and comfort of the hotel. I only wish my stay had been longer to enjoy the amenities such as spa and dining. I did have room service which was NOT your standard hotel in-room menu and was delicious. There was a business center on the same floor as my room, for easy printing of boarding passes. LOVE this hotel and can't wait to get back there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank foodwinethee
HotelVitaleGM, General Manager at Hotel Vitale, a Joie de Vivre hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
foodwinethee:
I am so pleased to hear that your stay with us was relaxing despite it being for business. Although you didn’t get the chance to visit the dining room, our room service is provided by Americano as well, so you did sample the cuisine. Hopefully your next stay with us will be for leisure so you will have time to dine and stop by Spa Vitale for a Bathing Ritual or a Warm Bamboo Renewal. We look forward to seeing you then.

Warm regards,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at his hotel because my other choices were not available, so i did not particularly research it beforehand, and booked on hotwire. The room was spacious enough, the mattress is comfortable, and the decor was soothing but not particularly original (the typical modern boutique hotel design). Overall it felt rather ordinary. For this sort of price (i paid 500$/night!) i would expect at least a small coffee-maker and a fridge in the room if not other "perks" but nothing.. no coffee offered anywhere except the restaurant. The gym is rather small and stuffy. The location is of course great, and the concierge, receptionists were all very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Emzda
Emzda:
It is great to hear that your room was comfortable and that our team was accommodating. I am sorry that the décor did not meet your expectations—our aesthetic is minimal in order to create a relaxing environment of “Luxury, naturally”. Just so you are aware for next time, we do have coffee and tea available in the lobby and you are always welcome to request a coffee maker be put in your room. Please contact me directly next time you are visiting San Francisco—we would love another chance!

Barrie, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel last month after reading the reviews on this site, and I'm glad that we did. Our room had a partial view of the Golden Gate Bridge and a great view of the Ferry Building. Great restaurants nearby. The service was excellent. I was impressed with the design of the lobby and our room. Very cool and funky. Our bathroom had a beautiful walk in shower with glass wall (no shower curtain).
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
susan g:
It is so nice that you were able to take advantage of our location by walking around and exploring the neighborhood—it is much better than having to drive around an unfamiliar city. Also, if you enjoyed nearby restaurants, I hope you will have time on your next visit to try Americano as well—we just added many new seasonal items to the menu for autumn. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed our lobby and room atmosphere, they were designed with relaxation and rejuvenation in mind. Thank you for your review and recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here at the start of our highway 1 road trip.

We were really pleased with the location of the hotel and the service was superb. The team really looked after us and made a fuss of us for our wedding anniversary. The concierge, Keith, was really helpful, booking us a table for our anniversary, helping us to figure out our transport options round SF and finally giving us a map for our road trip ( which we'd have been lost without -excuse the pun).

We were spoilt with amazing weather and the America's Cup party atmosphere in SF so the lobby coffee and sun deck were a relaxing escape before the start of each day.

Fab, Fab, Fab

• Stayed September 2013
DanhazelD:
The Highway One road trip is an absolute classic and I am flattered that you included Hotel Vitale in your anniversary trip. I will gladly pass along your sentiments to Keith and the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you again for your anniversary next year.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel is nicely located but the rooms are average at best. The rooms remind me of a Hilton hotel room ( which I like) but at twice+ the price. The showers have shower curtains and don't even have the curved shower curtain rod the makes the shower feel bigger and keeps you from touching the curtain. At $400 plus a night, this hotel should feel different.

Room Tip: Ask for a view east or south.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelingBruin
TravelingBruin:
We strive to create a unique guest experience for everyone who stays here and I am sorry to hear that your time with us was not indicative of that. We do have an on-going improvement plan and I welcome your insights regarding the shower as an item to consider altering in the future.

My apologies,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The blurp on this hotel suggest its amazing with great service vibrant and cool. Yes the location is great. Yes our room had a great view of the bay and yes we paid top dollar to have a high floor. The reality, however, is that this is a very very average ordinary hotel, its only saving grace is the location. Our room was ok very airport hotel but more upmarket. Our bathroom was nice with a huge walk in shower. We asked for breakfast in our room and it arrived in a reasonable time but what really annoyed me and I just don't understand hotels who do this, is they had on the menu a selection of freshly squeezed juices, but was there any. NO. Yes i understand if at 7.30 am they had run out of one of the choices but all?
Dinner in what is referred to as their trendy cool bar was full which suggests its popular but the dinner we ordered was so so ordinary. It wasn't bad but it wasnt good either. I would not stay here again as for the same exorbitant price we paid we could i believe stay in a far better quality hotel

Room Tip: I just do not think its worth staying in this hotel if you want something special. We stayed on the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank monasheaves
monasheaves:
I am glad that you enjoyed our convenient and beautiful location, but am disappointed to hear that other aspects of your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. It is so unusual that we would have run out of juice completely and I will speak with the team regarding an acceptable alternative for our guests in the future. I hope you will give us another chance to impress you next time you are in San Francisco

My apologies,