“Great Comedy Venue”
Review of Cobb's Comedy Club

Cobb's Comedy Club
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Got a chance to hang out in San Francisco for a day and found out that the Charlie Murphy Acid Tour was taking place at Cobb's for the weekend. When I found tickets were only $30 I decided to go check it out. I attended the 730 show and the doors opened at 615. The place had a nice vibe to it as they played music in the background before the show started. And many other famous celebrities such as Damon Wayans and David Spade have performed here. The show was excellent as Charlie Murphy and a couple other comedians entertained the crowd for 90 minutes. It was a great turn out as the packed (not a very big venue). I sat way in the back at the bar which was fine with me since I was by myself. If there was one critique I had of this comedy club is the prices of the drinks and food items. I understand and am cool with the two-drink minimum policy that they have. But come on now $5 for a Coke? $7 for a bottled beer? That ain't right! LOL But nonetheless I went along with it and still had a great time. I would definitely go back and see another show at Cobb's.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We went to the All-Star Show on a Sunday. It was produced by Frankie Quinones and we had a blast. There was an all Latino line up to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Although they were all funny and very entertaining the one guy was bust your gut LMAO. His routine included the Filipino language of Billy Bob Thornton I Play Ping Pong. I guess you'd have to have been there.
We ordered food prior to the show and it was actually pretty good. Good price and a pretty decent Quesadilla.
Good times at Cobb's Comedy Club......

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Went here to see Brian Posehn while in San Fran (who was very funny - but alas, this is a review of the venue not the comedian). Ticket prices were decent at $23.50 each but after service charges and 'facility fees' it was closer to $30. Still not bad. Seating was a bit cramped, felt like they had people stacked on top of each other. That being said, due to the relatively small size of the venue, pretty much every seat felt fairly close to the stage. What annoyed me the most was the 2-drink minimum per person. Felt like a sketchy way to guarantee at least a $30-40 bill per table. A bottle of water was $4. A pop was 5 bucks. Go for an actual alcoholic beverage and the average was about $12. I understand businesses will always jack up the price of drinks, but it's nice to have the option to NOT indulge. I was so tempted to ask the waitress what they would do if someone declined to order the minimum number of drinks but didn't feel like hassling her. She was nice enough and I try not to be the shoot-the-messenger type. We ordered food (cheese quesadilla & fries for me, chicken tenders & garlic fries for him). Okay flavour but SO SO greasy. Guess I shouldn't have been too surprised. It would take someone amazing to bring us back to this place the next time we're down.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

$16 each well spent. Tried to book online but site was down, but it was cheaper on the door by $5 each so....result!
One guy, Butch Escobar, was so funny we actually cried. Good atmosphere & great night out

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

What I really enjoyed is seing my favorite comedians here. Large enough to not feel crammed but intimate enough to feel like you are up close and personal to be entertained. A must if you are in town and want great funny entertainment!