Review Highlights
Fun place with good service

Reviewed 1 week ago
Elizabeth B
Did an early Saturday show, fun time

Reviewed November 29, 2017

from $127.00
from $562.50
from $15.00
More Info
All reviews drink minimum acts headliner stage comic tickets sf
Reviewed 1 week ago

This is tough to review as the place got packed and was dark. The servers did a great job of working together and trying to get all patrons served. We received everything we requested in a timely manner. Food is good, drinks are good, but a bit pricey. Just be aware, but definitely worth it. Excellent entertainment!

Reviewed September 23, 2018

We saw Sal Vulcano so there were never going to be any complaints! Sal aside, the table service was good and the food was nice but, if it’s a sellout, get there early as there are chairs set out everywhere, shoe-horned into the tiniest spaces and I imagine it could be a bit uncomfortable and difficult to see the stage.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

I am less than happy with this club. We arrived in time for the 1015pm show and waited in long line, even though we had bought tickets in advance, and security. Ok this is the 21 century I get it, but to be “wanded” it felt like we were boarding a plane and not going to a comedy show. Then the show started about 1/2 hour late. The wait staff was courteous. The original headliner cancelled but we took a chance on the replacement. Ok. The replacement had at least 4 opening acts, so we never saw him. Then I thought if the headliner had so many opening acts it made
me think either he isn’t funny or does not have enough material. I won’t name this person but we went on 7/20. We did not travel across the country for this and I won’t return to this club.

1  Thank NLGBronx
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

This place features awesome headliners (tonight I saw Josh Wolf) and they have super quality shows (been here a few times, can’t u tell?). Their openers are also hilarious. There is a 2 drink minimum, but that just makes the show more fun! Drop by sometime. You won’t regret it :)

1  Thank third777
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

We came to the Cobb Comedy Club to see Roy Wood Jr. While he was the headliner, the two opening acts were fantastic, too. The service was great and our drinks were always kept full. The club itself is small and intimate, so no matter where you sit, you can see the stage perfectly.

Reviewed November 29, 2017

My sons and I on father son weekend in SF did the early comedy show. We saw three comics which were all good. We laughed, were pleasantly surprised in that they had good drinks for each of us with very different tastes (myself - wine, one son - beer, other son unique drinks) to satisfy our cover charge per seat.

Overall the venue is small enough where it doesn't matter where you sit, for us we wanted some leg room since all three of us were over 6 feet tall which we were able to do.

My son was thrilled that the headliner that night came out afterwards for $5 did pictures with us as well as signed his autograph on a picture. All in all a nice time by all.

1  Thank thomaseX967TZ
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Went with family (12 people) on (I think) Monday of the 4th of July weekend. Seating was fine. SERVICE WAS POOR, and actually even RUDE! The emcee was the highlight of the evening. The rest of the comedians barely achieved mediocre!
We had asked for waters (which could be included in the 2 drink minimum) and they directed us initially to a water faucet in the bathroom. The show was very weak, and at points I found myself almost dosing off. My brother, who is in mediocre health, was at times dosing off at the table - the bouncer, manager, or whomever the idiot was - actually told him that if he fell asleep he would be escorted out of the building. SERIOUSLY???? A 12 person table, at the back of the building, with lousy performers that bored you to sleep, and they are threatening to throw somebody out for dosing off?????
I'm sure there must be better run comedy clubs in the city! I won't be back to this one!

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

I purchased tickets online for the Reductress comedy show online via Live Nation four days ago for about $29. There was no wording about any venue rules regarding drink minimums during the ticket purchase. To my disappointment, upon arriving at the venue, I learned there was a two drink minimum. I wasn't even given a table. I was seated at some extra chairs jammed between tables. The waitress demanded I order two drinks, and I declined, as I had not agreed to any contract that I order crappy bar drinks after already paying cover. She then got security, who suggested I could pay $14 for water. No thanks, I told them. They insisted I leave, and offered me a refund. Since I was already turned off by the venue, I thought this was a decent compromise. And I didn't want to cause a scene and interrupt other patrons, so I agreed to walk out -- unfortunately, it turned into a bait and switch. Once they walked me into the lobby, the refund became a voucher for another visit, which would still be subject to the same 2 drink minimum, plus, I don't even live in San Francisco. They told me that their sign says "no refunds" and "2 drink minimum" which is certainly true, but was not clear when I purchased tickets, hence my protest. The manager Marcus -- Hi Marcus! -- was short and dismissive, giving me the run-around and not fulfilling the refund his security guard offered. I'm going to contact my credit card company because I have a pretty strong case against this place. If you hate authoritarian bars with crappy drinks and bad seating, do avoid. I really had a much better evening going to venues that don't need to resort to trickery and manipulation to make money.

Bottom line, left a sour taste in my mouth. I've enjoyed better comedy and service from the pigeons at 16th and Mission.

4  Thank cat_bacon
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

I've only been to one comedy club prior to this one... last one was the laugh factory in Sacramento, Ca.

This one was very good.. the staff were always checking on us to see if we needed any food or drinks... the rooms acoustics was good... the warm up comedians were pretty damn funny.. the headliner not so funny.... a lady in the crowd shouted something out to the headliner.. from there he spent the next twenty minutes rambling about what the lady shouted out... totally took dude off his skit.. for twenty mins... he finally recovered with some better stuff... but the show was about over by that time..

I will defiantly come back to this place... room size, staff and comfortable surroundings make the decision an easy choice..

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Great venue, great staff, great ticket prices but they kill ya on their two drink minimum! Maybe the prices were average for the S.F. area but being from the south we were surprised for 4 of us 7 sodas, 1 cocktail and one dessert came to $86 which seemed expensive to us. The show was great we laughed throughout it and had a good time.