“Don't miss this one - it's excellent”

E&O Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
E&O Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 5,857 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Grant St. & Stockton St.
Transit: Few blocks away from both Powell and Montgomery Bart Station
Description: E&O Kitchen and Bar is a modern Asian restaurant and lounge located in the heart of San Francisco's vibrant Union Square. Spanning three floors, the restaurant offers numerous function rooms available for private dining, parties and special events. The selection of beautifully crafted dishes and drinks served in the bustling bar, lounge or sweeping dining room provides guests with a memorable San Francisco experience.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Without doubt, the best food I had in San Francisco!

Unfortunately I left my visit to E&O to my last day otherwise I would definitely come back. I found the staff very helpful and friendly, the atmosphere was lively and enjoyable and the food was excellent. I took my waitresses' recommendation of mushroom dumplings and then beef - both were really good.

Amanda B, Manager at E&O Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

The best food in San Francisco, Andy? WOW!!! Thank you for the wonderful review. I'll be sure to pass along your praises to the rest of the team as well. While we wish you had had the chance to join us for another meal too, we'll look forward to the next time you're in San Francisco!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you can get here between 3 and 6 they have a great happy hour. It may even be worth calling ahead to reserve some couch space if you have a group. There are plenty of drink selections and wonderful small bites. I haven't had dinner here, but have been many times for the happy hour. Order the corn fritters and you won't be disappointed.

Amanda B, Manager at E&O Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for your delightful review! I'm glad to hear you enjoy coming by for our happy hour. Our Indonesian Corn Fritters are a tried and true favorite, so it's wonderful to know you love them as much as we do. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Just stopped for a quick dinner with my bf and it was perfect. The menu can be hard to understand if your not used to the type of food, but our server Victor was very helpful. I had the pad Thai from the gluten free menu, with no chilies so it wouldn't be to spicy. Bf had the Japanese BOP, said it had great flavour! Nice place to escape to from the lively streets after a long day. Just make sure you come at the right time or call ahead for a reservation as it always seems to be busy. Thanks again Victor! You were very helpful and professional, we appreciated you:)

Amanda B, Manager at E&O Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Perfect is a word we love to hear when describing a meal with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. Victor will be happy to hear your praises! Looking forward to your next meal with us. We'd love to welcome you back in!

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The eggs were nummy. The corn things were tight although the dipping sauce tasted like butt. The drinks were real good and strong. Thank you

Amanda B, Manager at E&O Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

You're so welcome! Thanks for taking the time to leave this great review. Glad you enjoyed your meal with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I were guided to this restaurant by our hotel staff and we were not disappointed. My wife loved her chicken wrap but I was more impressed with an excellent pad thai. That said, the menu was varied and more interesting than our choices suggest . Lunch time prices were reasonable and a nice selection of beer and wine were available. Staff was attentive but not overwhelming. Restaurant looks great, well designed and very comfortable. When we return to San Francisco we will likely check out their dinner menu. Reservations for evening are recommended.

Amanda B, Manager at E&O Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your delightful review, Doug! It's wonderful to hear how impressed you were with our Pad Thai. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff as well. Looking forward to you and your wife's next trip here. We'll have a table waiting for you!