“what fun! perfect spot to begin a marvelous evening!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Financial District
Transit: Montgomery Bart Station is located a few blocks away on Montgomery and Market. North Beach and Financial District bus stops nearby.
Description: The Bubble Lounge features high ceilings, plush and elegant decor, and offers fine cuisine from our California and French Contemporary Food Menu, made to compliment a selection of 300 different Champagne and Sparkling Wines. For your next evening out, make it a memorable at the Bubble Lounge. The Bubble Lounge is also the perfect location for semi-private and private functions such as corporate events, birthdays, holidays, engagement parties, weddings, and banquets. The establishment has gained a strong reputation for providing professional and accommodating event service with over 23 years combined at both the San Francisco and New York locations.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“what fun! perfect spot to begin a marvelous evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

we planned an early evening birthday celebration (pre-dinner) at bubble lounge after finding it listed among san francisco's more interesting bars online. booked a table, then read lots of reviews here and elsewhere, which were, frankly, mixed... either very good or very bad. i loved the concept their website projects, as it fit my need for something fabulous and upscale, both chic and comfortable. honestly, the reviews worried me a little, as i was entertaining some very worldly guests, and hoped not to be greeted by youthful, hipster attitude, and just wanted to serve my guests some wonderful champagne before dinner. i was so gratified by what transpired. we were greeted warmly (we are "somewhat" above the age curve of the young people writing negative reviews), shown to wonderfully comfy couches, and offered the epic lists of bubbly, wine and specialty cocktails, all of which read deliciously. was so happy to find a family favorite bottle of champagne, pommery cuveé louise 1985, on the list, and ordered the first of two bottles (worth noting: the bottle was fairly, NOT gratuitously, marked-up) to share with my friends. the champagne director, christina, is delightful and very knowledgeable, so seek her out for recommendations before ordering if you find the list intimidating (as i did before finding my special bottle in THREE different vintages!). i'm certain she will steer you wisely. eduardo, our server, was also, charming, making the early part of our evening really perfect overall. i don't know what this place is like late, so i'll recommend this spot for special, early date nights, times when a spectacular bottle or glass of champagne is in order before dinner (about 30 are offer by the glass), or anytime a cool, comfortable place could be the setting for the start of a big evening. thanks, bubble lounge, for a great time!

• Visited July 2012

New York City, New York
“Late night Club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Went March 2011 for brothers birthday with large family that resides in SF and had a good time. We had reservations and a table; by NYC club standards these prices were cheap. It did bug me that an hour and change before close time at 12 something that the spot was only 75% full and there was still a line down the block full of well dressed people. Had a good time with the family.

Visited July 2011
Alexandria
“Wonderful time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The food is delicious. The staff is fantastic and accommodating to vegans. I was visiting San Fran and had an amazing time at this place.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kshalayj
San Francisco, California
“Bubble Lounge - An elegant, sophisticated champagne lounge.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

Bubble Lounge is a delightful champagne lounge tucked away on the edge of the financial district. Its the perfect place to meet friends after work for a happy hour drink or light snack in an extremely comfortable living room like setting with low lights, sofas and chairs. There are sufficient waitstaff that circulate throughout the lounge. While I didn't eat myself, my friends did and the food was ample. What I like best was the comfortable setting, creating a very relaxed atmosphere after a hard day at work. Negative is the ladies room downstairs with only 2 stalls.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Long Beach, California
“Expensive champagne, not so great service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

I was very excited to visit the Bubble Lounge and I really do love the taste of champagne. I made reservations through Open Table for a table in the lounge. I was able to make reservations on line at 9:45 p.m. for a table at 10:30 p.m. My dining companion and I left our restaurant and jumped in a cab, arriving at the Bubble Lounge around 10:15. While having our ID checked I received a call from the hostess telling me that they didn't have a table available for us, even though we had a reservation. She said she would put us on the waiting list and maybe one will open up. After waiting 45 mintues, and consuming a very expensive, but not so good $17 glass of champagne, we decided to leave. Very disappointed that the Bubble Lounge didn't try to do anything for us to make up for their reservation error. If they don't have tables available then they need to communicate that to Open Table.

Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed with the level of service we received here. I would think, at the very least, they would have opted to buy us a glass of champage, or at least provide us with some kind of discount. If ever I am in the area again, I won't be stopping by here.

• 2 of 5 bubbles