“Incredible value for money Mexican food”
Review of Taqueria San Jose - Mason St - CLOSED

Taqueria San Jose - Mason St
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went to this restaurant and almost walked out again - not the best looking place to bring a family for a meal, but we were certainly glad we stayed. Fantastic super Burritos, tasty tacos all well cooked and really quick. Great portions and very low price - one of the best meals we had in San Francisco. Very friendly too.

I will echo an earlier poster that the photo is not the front of the restaurant!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

OMG words alone can't express the joy I felt biting into the chicken burrito at this place. Aside from the fact that I absolutely needed 2 hands because it was so big, it was just absolutely, positively delicious. 3 of us ate like kings with beverages for less than $30 and waddled all the way to the wharf after... simply delicious!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stopped here for a quick, relatively cheap, lunch on Saturday, 8/17/2013.
First of all, the photo shown above is not this place. This is your average, neighborhood 1970's looking taqueria. No atmosphere at all. But, it fit the bill at half the cost of the places just down a few blocks at the wharf.
Carne asada burrito was ok, needed more cilantro, less gristle. I wasn't sure about the tortilla; it just didn't seem up to par to me. My wife had the same thing, and she really liked it, tho. Had a terrific melon drink that completely made up for my lack of excitement about the burrito.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Where is the flavour? Atmosphere of a fish and chip shop. Definitely won't crave the food here. If you are after a simple no frills fill then maybe this is for you. Lady behind the counter was very friendly though.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The best Mexican food on this side of town. Unbelievable value for money and they have free WiFi. I thoroughly enjoyed my super burrito and the food selection is quite big. Parking is a bit awkward but I promise its worth a try!