“Ate there tonight”
Review of Pane e Vino

Pane e Vino
Reserve with OpenTable
Pane e Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #357 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Gough
Transit: SF MUNI - Union & Gough Bus Stop [45/41] Union (Gough), San Francisco, CA
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Welcoming staff though that seemed to trail off toward the end... had a nice beef carpaccio, only downside was too much parmesan which I left on the plate as double then was necessary... followed with the bucatini alla matriciana, which had a nice smell and taste, good ingredients were used, I could particularly tell about the pancetta, or bacon, with its great smoked, salty taste... too bad the bucatini used did not hold the sauce and the sauce itself was too liquid... it's the small things that make the difference... and likewise, for the final dish I had the mille foglie, which I should have assumed would not be done as delicately as I like it, because I am in America after all, and indeed it came filled with whipped cream as well as the rather too sweat custard cream, which again could have been made nicer. In the end was it bad? No, but I would rather try other dishes or visit another restaurant next time. Qualifications: I'm Italian

1  Thank luckyluca78

Reviewed January 9, 2014

On a busy weekend in SFO it was not easy to get a table, but it was well worth the wait. The welcome was very warm and friendly, and the staff were very knowledgeable about the menu. I had the Sea food pasta, which was delicious, very fresh and very filling. My kids had pizzas and they were amazing...some of the best pizzas i have ever tasted. A great restaurant...highly recommended...but make you make a reservation.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Very well located in sfo, this italian restaurant mames You feel You are like in Italia.
You have to Try the Brasato. Pizzas And pasta, italian wine....... Perfecto

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were looking for a restaurant in San Francisco and were told to go to Union Street and there were many restaurants to choice from. We saw this quaint little Italian restaurant and when we entered we could smell great aroma and garlic. We new it would be good food. Well, it was great food. A hidden gem in San Francisco. Don't miss this restaurant.

1  Thank judykiv
Reviewed November 26, 2013

A more "true" Italian than many other american "Italian's".
Great food and wine. Service was extra friendly, fun and helpful. Good value.
I'd definitely go there again.