“Dinner at Pane e Vino”
Review of Pane e Vino

Pane e Vino
Reserve with OpenTable
Pane e Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #358 of 5,823 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Gough
Transit: SF MUNI - Union & Gough Bus Stop [45/41] Union (Gough), San Francisco, CA
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Located on Union St - an energetic area in San Francisco with a number of smaller type restaurants Pane e Vino is a small Italian style casual eatery well known by locals. Nice wine menu. I have eaten dinner at this restaurant on several occasions and have always found the food to be very good. The seating is crowded with your neighbors nearby. Make new friends and enjoy the evening. I have enjoyed the veal dishes. The also seem to sell a lot of thin crusted pizzas plus a number of pasta type dishs. Be certain to make reservations. Parking in the neighborhood can sometimes be a challange. Enjoy....

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We walked into this place by a chance and from first minute were surprised with very neat atmosphere. The choice was great and everybody found that they like were. Highly recommend this place. Try this pizza -Quattro Formaggi (delicious!).

Reviewed March 10, 2013

From the minute we walked in, I felt as if I had stepped into a restaurant in Italy. The staff greeted us in Italian and the decor was delightful. The meal was as delicious as anything I have tasted in Italy. I plan to return every time I visit San Francisco.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Italy, especially the Venice area, and continually search for restaurants in the US that can best replicate the dining experience in Italy. Pane e Vino is the winner! The food and wine, the atmosphere, the Italian waitstaff, the decor--they all give you a feeling that you have left the US for a night of dining in Italy. My favorite antipasti is bresaola con rucola and favorite secondi is sea bass. The primi offerings are so tasty that I cannot select a favorite.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stumbled upon this place whilst walking down Union St on a Sunday evening. Despite being nearly full, the staff have us the last table and were very friendly and polite. The restaurant has a really nice atmosphere, with lots of chat and laughter.

The food was of a good standard, and a wide-range of choice on the menu. I'd recommend the Pizzas...