“One of the best Italian restaurants in San Franciso is tucked away in Cow Hollow.”
Review of Pane e Vino

Pane e Vino
Reserve with OpenTable
Pane e Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #411 of 5,775 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Gough
Transit: SF MUNI - Union & Gough Bus Stop [45/41] Union (Gough), San Francisco, CA
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have been coming to Pane e Vino for years. It is by far one of the best Italian restaurants in San Francisco. If you live here, have visited here, are a foodie or love trying places in San Francisco, then you will adore Pane e Vino. The menu changes regularly, the staff is beyond amazing and the atmosphere is simply wonderful. Everything from the decor to the open kitchen to the huge back room where you can host a party make this an overall fabulous place. The wine list is excellent and they have some of the best, best, best pizza anywhere! I regularly enjoy coming here after work or a work out and always bring friends and family here. Sitting at the bar gives one a chance to observe all the fun in the open area where pizza and many of the antipasti are prepared right in front of you. Chef Bruno Quercini often walks out and says hi to folks and can always be seen smiling. I'd smile too if I brought so much joy to so many diners for a living! I adore their use of local, organic, seasonal ingredients. I also love how simple yet flavorful their dishes are - no need to mess with perfection! I am vegetarian (not vegan by any means) and have yet to try everything on their menu. I highly recommend their thin crust pizzas, gnocchi, risotto and every dessert they make. I guarantee that once you eat here, you'll add this to your short list of favorite restaurants in San Francisco. By comparison, I love La Folie, Jardinieree, Mamacita, Ristobar and Barabacco.

There are newer reviews for Pane e Vino

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Located in the Marina District, Pane e Vino Trattoria offers excellent food, served by knowledgable, superb waitstaff in an intimate setting. Bravo!

We have eaten there many times over the years and have yet to be disappointed. My favorite dish? So hard to say, but probably the Linguine ai Frutti di Mare. They often have special dishes not on the menu. One I still dream about was a simple, lovely antipasto dish of polenta con quattro formaggi with wild mushrooms. (Wish they had that one more often.) Makes me want to live in or closer to San Francisco.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

A great intimate setting. Service and food are top-notch and the prices are fair. Would go again!!!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Nice neighborhood, friendly staff, GREAT food. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I was there with a group of friends and had a great evening! Being Italian, I tend to avoid Italian restaurants when traveling as I always end up being disappointed. Pane e Vino was a great find! We had multiple antipasti and shared several pizzas. Everything was very good and ingredients and receipes were really Italian. The informal atmosphere really made me feel like being in a trattoria in my hometown. The waiters were nice, spoke Italian and actually knew what they were talking about. We stretched the evening quite a bit and I enjoyed the fact that for once we were not given a bill to show us the door. And when we did ask for the conto, we were surprised on how modest it was. Ottimo!

1  Thank Cristina T