“Simple and delicious dining” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caffe Macaroni Sciue Sciue

Caffe Macaroni Sciue Sciue
Ranked #1,001 of 5,626 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Jackson
Transit: MUNI: 33 & 45 lines
Switzerland
“Simple and delicious dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

On our first visit to San Francisco we were wondering around downtown and just by chance saw Caffe Macaroni.
We walked in, they had a free table in the front, window, area and we (just by chance) enjoyed a great dinner.
Just to manage everybody's expectations: Macaroni's is simple, straight forward Italian dining but it's delicious. The food was very tasty, the staff friendly. In addition to the great food, the highlight of the evening was when a guy walked in with a bunch of friends, a white truffle tuber and some old red wine. The whole place smelled like white truffle and I remember I thought if this guy comes with this big tuber in here and trusts the chef to hand it, then it's surely a good place.
All I can say is: great food, great experience - look for Caffe Macaroni!

• Visited December 2013

Switzerland
“the right place for tasty italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Being on a business trip, I was looking for something normal - I had an excellent non-alcoholic aperitif, an autumn salad with pomegrade, pasta with different cheese, and an outstanding panna cotta with fruit - I will go the next time again.

• Visited December 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a family dinner in the small dining room at the front of the restaurant.

The food and service were both excellent and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome even providing our youngest member with her own small carafe of water and glass- something she really appreciated!

• Visited October 2013
McKinney, Texas
“Order the special!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Incredibly romantic/intimate little Italian establishment. I've never had such authentic Italian food. Mario is the owner/chef and he will treat you like family. Always order his specials and you cannot go wrong. One of those places where I would literally pay someone to go eat a meal. It is THAT good.

Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Always go here when in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this place. I have followed them as they have shifted side to side across the street, and the meals have always been perfection, and the service friendly. There's a real family atmosphere here. I have business dinners here and people are at first uncertain because of how small it is, and then they quickly warm up to it because of how great the servers are and how unbelievably good the food is. Some of the best Italian anywhere I've been in the states, including NYC, Chicago, and Seattle. Ask what is good, and then get it. If they seem put off by your choice of wine or desert, ask what they'd recommend, and then get it. Advice is always spot on and not just a way to get you to purchase something more expensive. I've had them give me things for free to make sure I got the right complement to my meal and didn't leave without the best experience. Completely love this place.

• Visited December 2012