“Order the special!”

Caffe Macaroni Sciue Sciue
Ranked #1,032 of 5,666 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Jackson
Transit: MUNI: 33 & 45 lines
McKinney, Texas
“Order the special!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Incredibly romantic/intimate little Italian establishment. I've never had such authentic Italian food. Mario is the owner/chef and he will treat you like family. Always order his specials and you cannot go wrong. One of those places where I would literally pay someone to go eat a meal. It is THAT good.

Visited August 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Always go here when in town”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this place. I have followed them as they have shifted side to side across the street, and the meals have always been perfection, and the service friendly. There's a real family atmosphere here. I have business dinners here and people are at first uncertain because of how small it is, and then they quickly warm up to it because of how great the servers are and how unbelievably good the food is. Some of the best Italian anywhere I've been in the states, including NYC, Chicago, and Seattle. Ask what is good, and then get it. If they seem put off by your choice of wine or desert, ask what they'd recommend, and then get it. Advice is always spot on and not just a way to get you to purchase something more expensive. I've had them give me things for free to make sure I got the right complement to my meal and didn't leave without the best experience. Completely love this place.

• Visited December 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We found this little restaurant by accident in The North Beach district of San Francisco..we were in the mood for a good Italian dinner. It was a great experience..the food was fresh and cooked to perfection. The restaurant is easy to miss, but google it for directions. there menu is limited, and chicken parmigiana was what I craved for, but was informed they only serve that as a special on another day of the week so we couldn't get that. I had linguine with clams instead which was delicious.. I would certainly call ahead for reservations as seating is quite limited. My next trip to San Fran will certainly be coming back to this restaurant. Mario really goes all out to make you feel like family..

• Visited August 2013
Kirkland, Washington, United States
“A wedge of Italy with a side order of Chinatown”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This little place puts out some real unique dishes that dance on your taste buds and toy with your senses. At the same time, if you are lucky enough to be seated in the main dining area, you can watch the flora and flotsam of North Beach pass by your window. The seafood linguine had a tight little blend of shellfish with great flavor and perfectly sproingy noodles. Finish with a cappuccino and enjoy the walk back to wherever you came from.

Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Mario makes you feel like you are at his home in Italy”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had dinner at Caffe Macaroni in San Francisco and cannot recommend it more highly. You should be aware that the address shown on Tripadvisor is incorrect. It is actually at 59 Columbus Avenue. The restaurant is quite small so booking a table either directly or through Opentable is essential. There is limited seating downstairs and outside on the sidewalk with more upstairs. From when you walk in and are greeted by Mario you feel more like being in his home than in a restaurant. The food was all freshly prepared and delicious. I had a homemade soup and a pasta dish with lots of fresh shellfish. Both were nightly specials and I am very glad I took the recommendation. I also had the wine that he suggested and I was quite pleased with the pairing. There were quite a few couples dining and I missed not having my wife with me when I saw how welcoming the environment was.

• Visited April 2013